iCal allows you to create a backup file by selecting File > Back up iCal. You can later restore iCal by double-clicking the backup file. Restoring iCal from a backup works great as long as you have a recent backup. But that's rarely the case.
What if you could configure iCal to create backups automatically? You can, with a little help from AppleScript.
This script will backup iCal when run. You can create alarms in iCal to run scripts. To configure iCal to back itself up every day, create a repeating alarm in iCal that runs this script.
More Products to Consider
- Powerful general purpose text editor, and Unix and server admin...
- Save & organize any text you may want handy.
- Edit mind maps, XML/HTML documents, and directory trees.
- Countup/countdown chronometer.
- Play a wide range of audio files at variable speed to assist wi...
- Personal finance and money management for individuals and small...
- List of all active shortcuts of the current application.
- OneNote-style note taking and clipping app.
- Enhanced calendar app with iCal and Google Calendar sync/sharin...
- Sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose.
- Video SIP softphone application.
- Scientific and Programmers desktop calculator with variables an...
- Simple alarm clock & timer.
- Organize and manage your finances and track your spending.
- Quickly create visually appealing mind maps.
- Spoken-word transcription software.
- Back up your data and upload to FTP via beautiful and intuitive...
- Moves past events to an archive calendar for export.
- Auto save for MOTU Digital Performer 4.
- Track process performance over time (CPU usage, memory size...)...
- Phonebook, SMS, gallery, calendar, themes for Nokia phones.
- Back up files and folders on USB flash drives.
- Automate scheduled backups of your files.