Gnuplot is a portable command-line driven graphing utility for linux, OS/2, MS Windows, OSX, VMS, and many other platforms. The source code is copyrighted but freely distributed (i.e., you don't have to pay for it). It was originally created to allow scientists and students to visualize mathematical functions and data interactively, but has grown to support many non-interactive uses such as web scripting. It is also used as a plotting engine by third-party applications like Octave. Gnuplot has been supported and under active development since 1986.
Gnuplot supports many types of plots in either 2D and 3D. It can draw using lines, points, boxes, contours, vector fields, surfaces, and various associated text. It also supports various specialized plot types. Demos here.
Gnuplot supports many different types of output: interactive screen terminals (with mouse and hotkey input), direct output to pen plotters or modern printers, and output to many file formats (eps, fig, jpeg, LaTeX, metafont, pbm, pdf, png, postscript, svg, ...). Gnuplot is easily extensible to include new output modes. Recent additions include interactive terminals based on aquaterm (OSX) and wxWidgets (multiple platforms).
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Create vector illustrations, flowcharts, flyers, brochures, bus...
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Create EPS illustrations composed of graphical shapes.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Convert raster/vector geographical data into IIF format for bro...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Create illustrations, signs, posters, and banners.
- View and manage images, multimedia, text, HTML, and Microsoft O...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Create Yearly, Monthly, and Daily calendars.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Convert raster images to Scalable Vector Graphics format.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Use a drawing and image manipulation program on your Pocket PC.
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Burn data and media files on CDs or DVDs.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Edit and optimize images, retouch your photos.
- Create your own maps, plans, diagrams or all vector graphics us...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content