gfxCardStatus is an open-source menu bar application that keeps track of which graphics card your 2010 MacBook Pro is using at any given time, and allows you to switch between them manually.
- Simple, clean "i" and "n" icons that signify Intel HD Graphics, and NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M graphics, respectively
- Automatically updates when the GPU switches, in real time
- Allows you to manually switch GPUs on demand!
- Dependent process list - see which applications are currently using the 330M, if it's the active GPU!
- Growl support - so you know right when the GPU switches
- Tiny footprint - doesn't sit in your menu bar and hog RAM or CPU cycles
- Automatic application updating - checks for, downloads and installs new versions of gfxCardStatus automatically!
What's new in this version:
- Totally overhauled preferences system under the hood - fixed super annoying issue with preferences not saving for some users
- Added Danish, Swedish, Portugese, Spanish, and Dutch localizations
- Fixed issue w/ preferences window length truncating German localizations
- Icons in menu bar are now white when clicked instead of black
- More sensible "d" icon instead of "n" for legacy users - "i" and "d" r... See all new features »