CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
fotodanz provides a great tutorial and decent performance and is best suited for those new to making animated photos. It'd be awesome if its filters didn't require you to upgrade to the premium version, though. Even without those, it's a nifty app and worth trying if you love making GIFs.
The app will ask that you register with an e-mail address, but it's not required. Once you open the fotodanz, it gives you a full tutorial on what exactly it does and the best ways to use it. The gist is that you can create a three- to five-second recording and then choose how to animate it. This means you can make certain parts of the photo GIF-like while the rest of the photo stays static. It looks cool on some photos, but it takes some trial and error to perfect, even with the app's tutorials. Once you've finished creating your masterpiece, you can add Instagram-esque filters to it, but you have to pay for almost all of those. The app supports its own gallery where you can share pictures to Facebook, Twitter, and all of the other usual suspects.
The app offers some weird design choices, but it's a good app, nonetheless. If nothing else, there aren't many other ways to do what fotodanz does. It's worth trying just to test the unique images the app creates. If you figure it out, you're sure to be hooked on the cool effect, which will make you want to keep this application around.
From bbigg Applications Inc:
Capture your favorite movements in photos that dance!
fotodanz makes it super simple to create cool animated photographs (cinemagraphs) - you can now be incredibly creative with your camera! It's FREE! No need to register either.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE FEATURES YOU ASKED FOR... ENJOY!
You simply compose, shoot a short video clip (3 or 5s), circle the area(s) to animate, press Ok and you are ready to share your creations with the world. It is that easy! We have added a number of features since original release - increased resolution by over 35% and enhanced color, added photo filters (photo effects) and Yo-Yo looping.
In addition to sharing your fotodanzes privately via emails, now you can share on Facebook and Twitter directly via the app. You can share via SMS too... Enjoy!
How it Works:
Upcoming features (in development now):
What's new in this version:
More Products to Consider
- Correct and enhance photos form all possible angles.
- Share your pictures on Facebook automatically.
- Change your photos into works of art.
- Awesome PicsArt Studio!.
- Enhance, transform, and share your photos easily.
- Camera 360 , Photo Effects, Photo Color Effects, Photoshop , pe...
- More than 600 effects, overlays, and borders to personalize any...
- The best camera application for portraits, 'Cymera'.
- Edit and share photos virtually anywhere. Access them all on Ph...
- Special Instagram HD version of popular Lomo Camera app. Take p...
- Edit your photos with effects, stickers, and texts on your Andr...
- This app makes it easy to explore, view, upload and download yo...
- ***** Try new looks for you and your friends and check how you'...
- Photo Editor Incredible effects editing on your mobile.
- This application is used to upload your photos and videos to yo...
- Age your face and make a face look older as you can.
- This is the Great American Country (GAC) official FREE App feat...
- View and upload you stereo photos to 3D-image sharing service P...
- Laugh more. 9GAG is your best source of fun.
- Combine multiple photos in fancy frames, add text caption and p...
- Troll your friends! Create rage faced photos and share created ...
- HiCollage - we make traditional collage more simple, more fun, ...
- - Get Styled In-Store! Scan your favorite items in Hollister an...
- Get a modified version of the original Facebook for Android.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content