From Garrison Computer Services:
fmSQL Synch is a utility to synchronize data from your FileMaker and web databases. Data is compared on record by record as well field by field basis. Existing databases can be configured for synchronizing with just a few modifications.
- Two-way synchronizing
- You can synchronize data from both FileMaker and SQL databases. Synchronizing includes updating changed records as well as adding or deleting records. Any changes made in your FileMaker databases are also made in your SQL database and vice-versa.
- Field level conflict checking and resolution
- Changes to records in both databases is compared on a field-by-field basis. Any records that have been modified on both FileMaker and SQL database since the last synchronization will have all change conflicts logged so you can choose which data you want to keep.
- Setup Assistant
- fmSQL Synch has been designed to be easy to use. The setup assistant will walk you through the steps of configuring up for your environment.
- Easily integrates with existing FileMaker solutions
- A few extra modifications to your existing FileMaker databases is all that you need to do. Once modified you can synchronize your FileMaker and SQL databases and control all merge conflicts.
- Will create all the SQL statements for you automatically
- After selecting which fields you want to synchronize in your SQL tables, you can have fmSQL Synch create all the SQL statements automatically. You can even let fmSQL Synch create the SQL tables for you which also makes it useful as a tool for FM->SQL migration.
What's new in this version:
Features specific to FileMaker v7 compatibility
- account name and password options
- layout name option, custom names for 'update' & 'select' layout (needed for multiple table support)
- field names options, custom names for primary_key, last_mod & last_synch fields
- streamlined interface, much easier to manage and edit configurations
- last_synch timestamp now saved for each record rather than each ...
See all new features »