fasterMac allows users to turn off the eye candy which can slow down older G3/G4 Macs. The 3 major targets are the Finder Animations, Sheet Animations and the Disk Verify for mounting a disk image.
You can turn these off simply, or restore back to the factory defaults.
More Products to Consider
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Control your MacBook's fans.
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Make the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of ...
- Get pop-up notifications for iTunes track changes, new email, a...
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- Forces windows to go full screen when you click the green orb b...
- Count down the seconds to any event right on your dashboard.
- Icon and Dock cataloging and customization.
- Create RAM disks.
- Virtual disk LED that shows reads/writes in the menu bar.
- Display and hide hidden files.
- Program to create and unpack Gzip (GZ) files.
- Fix, clean, maintain and manage your system.
- AirPlay mirror your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 to any Mac.
- Detect and delete duplicate images.
- Deletes the invisible .DS_Store files on all mounted disks.
- SCSI and ATA disk editor.