dbForge SQL Complete is a useful add-in for SQL Server Management Studio and Visual Studio. Free and paid editions of the tool offer the powerful autocompletion and formatting of T-SQL code that replaces native Microsoft T-SQL Intellisense. The tool can also be integrated into Visual Studio 2008 (Professional and Team System editions), Visual Studio 2010 (Professional, Premium, and Ultimate editions), Visual Studio 2012 and 2013 (Ultimate, Premium, Professional, Test Professional, Team Foundation Server editions). Besides the extension of the List Members, Complete Word and Parameter Info features, SQL Complete also includes SQL Formatter. Key Features: -Context-based code completion - Smart filtering to suggest relative keywords and objects - Quick parameter info for functions - Customizable SQL formatting - Quick object info - Context-based sorting of suggestions in the list - Determining current database or schema - Expanding a list of columns - Suggesting conditions for JOIN statements - Expanding INSERT, ALTER, and EXEC statements - "Go to definition" for database objects - Code snippets - Document Outline window - Highlight occurrences of an identifier - Execute current statement - Automatic alias generation - Suggestions of T-SQL statements in procedures and functions - Suggestions of other SQL statements - IntelliSense for linked servers - Semi-transparent view of the suggestion box
What's new in this version: -Integration to Visual Studio 2013 is supported -Refresh suggestions cache is added -New code formatter features are added -New code completion features are added
More Products to Consider
- Download files faster and safer with your Web and Windows appli...
- Inspect and edit any file, main memory, or disk/disk image.
- Compile, debug, and run Java applications on your computer.
- Build and run the next generation of applications and XML Web s...
- Provide SQL code completion and formatting tool for SQL Server ...
- Edit plain text files, HTML documents, PHP, and Java code.
- See objects from any database on a server instance and display ...
- Generates .Net Data Access Layer and Business Layer for SQL Ser...
- Compile C/C++ code for free.
- Document the current database model of SQL Server databases.
- Edit several programming languages running under the MS windows...
- Anonymize or quickly insert new data into your databases.
- Obfuscate important or sensitive data from your SQL database.
- Compile, debug, and run Java applications on your computer.
- Create set of ASP.NET programs from your data source.
- Write better-quality code, reduce security-related issues, and ...
- Take full control of the entire database and application migrat...
- Hex edit, cut, copy, paste, insert, fill, and delete binary dat...
- Compare data within MS SQL Server database.
- Create, browse, and manage SQL Server databases from your machi...
- Create and develop your own applications using Web server techn...
- Encrypt and decrypt stored procedures, triggers, views, and use...
- Load data from various data sources into a variety of databases...
- Build collapsible side-menu systems on your Web site.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"The Ultimate Intellisense for SQL & Database Developers"
Version: dbForge SQL Complete 4.0.120
Fast Intellisense, peeks into the actual tables of the current connection and allows to select actual rows from specific tables, fills in join conditions for you automatically so you dont have to know what fields you need to use
Very customizable through the use of XML and using Profiles
Can use this tool for both SSMS and Visual Studio
They have a program called High Five where you share the praise on the product and you can get discounts off the license price or even a free license
The price for a full license is a bit high.
The trial wets for appetite for the power of this tool.
All in all it is a great tool for a team of SQL Developers and also will shorten time it takes to write complex scripts with the fact you can actually start typing a column and it knows exactly which tables based on the FROM part of your statements.This tool is so much faster than other equivalent tools out there like I was previously using - Apex SQLComplete - alhtough it is a free tool - it is lagging in terms of picking up terms and it does go into the actual table fields like dbForge SQL Complete does.
I love this tool but just wish the license cost were lower but the High Five program does make things easier.
Updated on Feb 25, 2014
I tell you after using this tool for an hour of SQL Development I was about 50% more efficient in creating my scripts due to the shortcuts and code fills that the tool does.
It also allows me to easily create my scripts on the fly because it displays all the table fields right there without me having to go through SQL Management Studio Object Explorer to get the field names right - this instantly saves you time.
Most of my queries involve complex joins and the fact that this tool can prefill your join conditions also makes it easier because especially the types of tables I deal with have the same fields - the prefill allows me to visualize if the condition is the right one that I require. This is definitely for your toolbox!!
"Great product for both beginners and experts."
Version: dbForge SQL Complete 4.0.57
I would highly recommend this product to anyone new to SQL, as it speeds up the learning process by giving context-sensitive options that can be chosen from a drop down menu. With that said, I am convinced that it will speed up the coding process for anyone that spends time in SSMS. I use an amazing text editor for coding CSS and HTML, and felt handicapped after stepping into the Management Studio. SQL Complete adds functionality that allows me to be efficient and to get more done in less time.
I have used SQL Server casually for around 2 years now, and am studying to take the 70-461 exam from Microsoft. I am very impressed by the integration into the management studio environment, and have found that the features added are incredibly helpful.
None - the extensive customization features allowed me to resolve anything that came up for me.
It amazes me when large software companies like Microsoft fail to add features that should be common sense - like drop down intellisense for available tables and fields for example. SQL Complete accomplishes this and so much more. These features should be included with SQL Server by default, but I am immensely grateful to dbForge for making this independantly.
"Great product for beginners and experts"
Version: dbForge SQL Complete 3.5.79
Intellesense for sql!! I started a job with no experience using mssql and with this program it has helped me learn how to write long queries. The best part is using joins because dbl complete gives you multiple options and almost everytime it is the one that i need.
I have not found any to date.
As I stated in the pros, this is a great product for beginners into sql, so if you are looking for that boost you need to write long queries fast and easily use this product!!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content