CNET Editors' review
This mostly standard audio utility simply converts files and rips CDs, but it works without a hitch. dBpowerAmp Music Converter has separate interfaces for extracting audio from discs and batch converting tunes. In our tests, the program showed good speed. It can even rip some protected audio CDs and includes a basic player.
It queries CD information from the Web and can automatically create subfolders and name tracks. To keep the download size small, it only includes MP3 (LAME) and WAV codecs, though you can easily download and install additional components from the publisher's site. Similar to other utilities in this genre, dBpowerAmp Music Converter lets you determine the audio quality of your new files, though it also offers an ample number of presets.
Also, unlike some competing programs, this demo will let you rip or transform as many files as you like for a full month. Most people who rip and convert audio files occasionally will find something to like about dBpowerAmp Music Converter, particularly novices.dBpoweramp Music Converter:
Often called the Swiss Army knife of audio, dMC can digitally rip sound from audio CDs to a multitude of formats. Convert from one format to another while preserving ID tags. Nearly every audio type is supported, including MP3, MP4, Windows Media Audio (WMA), OGG Vorbis, AAC, Monkey's Audio, and FLAC (with optional installs from Codec Central). For Windows Explorer integration, right-click Convert To to pop up useful information on audio files (such as bit rate and length). Record from LPs with an optional Auxiliary Input install.
More Products to Consider
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Create all sorts of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Listen to audio files with light and simple audio player from t...
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 files.
- Burn the files and images on CD and DVD discs.
- Rip audio CDs, convert audio, burn and copy CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray ...
- Search and download from over 100 million songs.
- Download any track from SoundCloud with a single click.
- Get flexible audio and video playback with access to smart orga...
- Edit your digital audio files on your Windows PC.
- Compile, copy, and burn data discs, audio CDs, video DVDs, and ...
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 839 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content