Live without boundaries and free yourself from one too many cloud storage options that only limits your ability to get organized. I've tried many other cloud solutions, but none is like Pogoplug. With Pogoplug, I can not only access my files on the go, but I can stream my music and video content that's living on my home computer from anywhere. The beauty of not being limited by the amount of storage is yet another reason why I've moved over to Pogoplug, almost entirely.
With Pogoplug's new Cloud feature, however, I may move over to Pogoplug all the way. With Pogoplug, you are only limited by the amount of storage space you have on your computer or external hard drives, which is more than any other cloud options out there. Also, it's free! Exclusively on CNET for three days only, you can get 10GB of free cloud storage, just for being a CNET member.
Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to get started:
- Step 1: Log in to your CNET account.
- Step 2: Click on the Get it free button.
- Step 3: You are now taken to a page to log in to your existing Pogoplug account or to create a new one.
- Step 4: As soon as you are logged in, you will be promoted to download the Pogoplug Browser file. Click on Save and remember which folder you are saving the file to.
- Step 5: At this point, you are just in the Web interface of your Pogoplug account. If you already downloaded the Pogoplug Browser file in Step 4, you can ignore "Install Pogoplug on your computer" message. Go back to the folder where you saved the file, click on it and install. Remember not to get the Web app confused with the desktop app, Pogoplug Browser. While you can still access and upload files via the Web app, the Pogoplug desktop app will make it easier for you to upload and sync up multiple files and folders.
- Step 6: Once the installation has completed, log in and start adding your files! You can drag and drop or you can choose to sync your current folders from your computer to Pogoplug.
- Step 7: You are now plugged in with Pogoplug!
You can also download the iPhone/iPad/Android app to see how you can stream your multimedia content on the go. As is the case with most apps, there's a slight learning curve to get familiarized with Pogoplug, but once you've mastered it, I think you will find that it's definitely worth switching over from another cloud solution you might be using.
Here is a short list of Pogoplug features I love, but feel free to share your thoughts with me in the comments below. I'd love to see what you love and maybe hate about Pogoplug--I'm sure the developers of Pogoplug would appreciate your feedback as well:
I no longer have to carry my laptops and external hard drives with me everywhere I go.
Why? With Pogoplug, I can connect multiple computers (both PC and Mac) and external hard drives to my Pogoplug account, which allows me to access my files on seven different devices through my one Pogoplug account, whether that be via the mobile app, the Pogoplug Web app, or the Pogoplug desktop app. I can not only access them, but I can stream all of my files from anywhere.
Use it as a collaboration tool.
Easily create a folder and share it with one or more people. You can set the permission level to review only or edit. Say goodbye to huge e-mail attachments and collaborate with your team more effectively by putting all of your files in one place, where everyone can easily access it.
Access all of your files in your Pogoplug account from anywhere.
If you choose to access your video files that're on your home computer, you are not downloading the file to your mobile device. Rather, it's streaming directly from your computer, so it's not taking up any additional storage space on your mobile device.
You can share folders.
When you share a folder with friends and family, they can also stream the content you just shared with them directly from their mobile device. They will need to download the mobile app first, but they can stream whatever content you shared with them instantly.
Coming soon, Pogoplug will offer users the chance to purchase more online storage as needed, but if the 10GB cloud or your computer hard drive is not enough for you, you can always host your own cloud with a Pogoplug device. Yet another offering from Pogoplug, it's a hardware device that allows you to connect multiple external hard drives, giving you as much storage as possible.
With Pogoplug, you are only limited by the amount of storage you choose to have.