CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
aWallet Password Manager effectively creates an impenetrable storage area that houses all of your most sensitive passwords and banking information. This application protects your information in two ways. Web site passwords, credit card numbers, and bank account numbers are stored in an encrypted hidden file that can only be accessed through the application, itself. The second way that the files are protected is the immediate deletion of the file following multiple unsuccessful attempts to log in to the application.
The program combines an easy-to-use interface with the latest in encryption technology. The installation takes a few minutes and is very easy. The user interface looks basic but modern, and is easy to use. The main menu consists of options such as categories, locking, and favorites. In the categories section the user can find a well-organized list of information types. These categories make finding a password easy and quick. As information is viewed from within the categories, another button must be activated to actually view the password. This prevents prying eyes from looking over your shoulder. aWallet Password Manager's incredible amount of security is astounding. There are multiple levels of high-quality encryption such as AES and Blowfish algorithms. Users are also able to back up the encrypted file to an SD card or USB thumb drive for yet another level of security.
aWallet Password Manager makes it easy to keep your important data nearby and safe. This application is recommended to all Android users who are looking for an effective option for additional security on their device.
Android Wallet Password ManagerMAIN FEATURES* Stores securely your passwords, credit cards information, e-banking credentials, web accounts, etc.* Has Editor for changing or creating new data Categories with custom icons.* Search within fields.* It's free and contains no advertisement!* Supports backup and restore of encrypted data file to the SD card or Android USB device.* Export of unencrypted data in CSV format to SD card or USB device.* Auto lock after configured period of timeSECURITY FEATURES* All data are encrypted. Data Entries and also Category definitions are all stored within data.crypt file.* Supports AES, Blowfish and 3DES ciphers with key sizes up to 256 bits. When decrypting data file, all above algorithms (with different key sizes) are tried with the Master password. This was inspired by www.truecrypt.org and makes brute force attack longer.* Uses randomly generated 'salt' value combined with your master password. Salt helps to protect from off-line dictionary attacks.* The key to open the data file is created by combining your master password with the 512-bit 'salt'. The result is hashed 1000 times by SHA-256. Repetitive password hashing makes brute force attack more difficult.* Supports optional auto destruction of data file when predefined number of not successful unlocks has been tried. Optionally can delete also SD card data backup.* Has no internet access permission. Only permissions this app have is access to SD card to backup/restore data file for the case you lose your phone. SD card access is also needed to export to CSV file format. Another permission is "retrieve running applications" for the auto-locking feature (aWallet needs to know if itself is running in the foreground or in the background at the moment).For more info see http://www.awallet.org/ On this web you can also find reactions to some user comments from Android Market.If you like this App, rate it in the Market. If you have any suggestions, just let me know.Recent changes:2.1.0* Simplified first initialization. Categories are now generated automatically. There is no need to go to Categories Editor first.2.0.0* Searching within Entry values. Hidden fields (e.g. passwords) are not included in search results.* User gets warned when field is deleted in the Category Editor and deleting the field would delete any data in existing Entries.Content rating: Everyone
What's new in this version: 2.1.0* Simplified first initialization. Categories are now generated automatically. There is no need to go to Categories Editor first.2.0.0* Searching within Entry values. Hidden fields (e.g. passwords) are not included in search results.* User gets warned when field is deleted in the Category Editor and deleting the field would delete any data in existing Entries.
More Products to Consider
- Best Cache Cleaner.
- Droid NAS allows you to share folders over a Wi-Fi network, mak...
- Kill unnecessary apps and running tasks.
- Mobile Banking BRI is a secure and convenient sms-based mobile ...
- Print anywhere from any Android tablet or smartphone.
- View and manage your contacts on your Android device.
- Unblock Youtube using free proxy of tor, open youtube using fre...
- Take note and remember everything, compatible on multiple devic...
- Google Keep.
- Lock for WhatsApp Now let this locking app protect your WhatsAp...
- Protects your Android phone or tablet with award winning antivi...
- Make things happen (with friends).
- Unlock your phones true potential w/ Root Tools by JRummy16 *Ro...
- Protect your passwords with AES encryption on your Android.
- Meal Record Lite is an application that records the contents of...
- Save your attachment to the SD card on your Android device.
- Get the password manager application for your Android device.
- Organize your tasks, sync them between devices, and share your ...
- Choose and mix from over 35+ ambient sounds which incl. thunder...
- Create and manage your shopping lists has never been so enjoyab...
- Keep your passwords encrypted on your Android device.
- Paranotes lets you securely manage critically important persona...
- Use Free Advanced Task Manager to end apps, speed up phone, and...
- Manage your expenses and income of the day.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Simple & easy to use"
Version: aWallet Password Manager 2.1.0
Interface is simple and clear, settings are very simple
Not a password manager, but doesn't clame to be - so not really a con.
Excellent app, simple to save all passwords in categories. Does not connect outside the device all passwords saved in an encrypted vault on your device
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content