ZenWriter User Reviews
Results 1-1 of 1
"Great Program. Works as intended."
Version: ZenWriter 2.0
1. No distracting features (I'm surprised so many people think it's a Microsoft Word replacement. Even the Cnet editor. Read the 'About' It's meant for creative distraction free writing. Not a Word competitor.)
2. I haven't found anything so useful this cheap. Lets face it... it's a nice blank screen you can customize with pretty music. Yet, some people are charging upwards of sixty for less. Still others have too many distracting features for those of us who want simple distraction free writing.
3. Customization backgrounds. It doesn't have a black screen but I was able to use a file to create one, making an even more distraction free zone.
4. I do find the sounds helpful to productivity... even if I feel a little like a silly nerd because of it.
1. Can't change the font color. I would prefer it to be bright green so I can pretend to be Ghost Writer (Like from the show)....Okay, so I need help.
Great program. It isn't for creating presentations, or doing thesis projects on advanced biochemistry... It's for getting your words out there. It's not for note taking in general it's for novelists who can get distracted by research, facebook, and such. It takes up the whole screen and the tool bar goes away so you don't think of exiting and doing other things. It doesn't get in the way, or constantly nag at you. So if you want all the pretty shiny features and need more... might I suggest Microsoft Word? I hear they've got a snazzy italics. But if you want distraction free writing, productivity of word count... this program is for you.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
You must be 13 years of age or older to submit personal information to CNET Networks. In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, CNET Networks does not accept name and e-mail address information from users who are under 13 years of age.
All submitted ratings and written comments become the sole property of CNET Networks, Inc. (CNET) and may be used at CNET Networks' sole discretion. Ratings and written comments are generally posted within two to four business days in batch groups, not in real time. However, CNET Networks reserves the right to remove or refuse to post any submission for any reason. You acknowledge that you, not CNET Networks, are responsible for the contents of your submission.
CNET Networks is not responsible for the content of the publisher's descriptions or user reviews on this site. We encourage you to determine whether this product or your intended use is legal. We do not encourage or condone the use of any software in violation of applicable laws. CNET Download.com does not sell, resell, or license any of the products listed on the site. We cannot be held liable for issues that arise from the download or use of these products.