CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Google Play Store where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
Yahoo Mail for Android gives you quick access to your Yahoo e-mail account (or multiple accounts) right from your mobile device. As a mobile mail client, we really couldn't ask for more. It's clean, user-friendly, and it includes some added bonuses that make it feel very much like its desktop counterpart. For instance, composing messages is a much richer experience than in other mobile e-mail apps, thanks to all the formatting tools that Yahoo Mail offers. It lets you make text bold, italicized, or underlined. It even lets you change font color, size, or add emoticons.
Overall, we think Yahoo Mail is a winner. It does everything you need it to, plus it offers some nice features like formatting, push notifications, and integrated Yahoo Messenger. If you have a Yahoo e-mail address, it is an absolute must.
We are aware some of you are having issues while attempting to view an email. To resolve this issue open settings > About Yahoo Mail > Clear Cache. You should then be able to see your email messages post clearing your local cache. Sorry for the inconvenience.Stay connected
What's new in this version:
More Products to Consider
- Chat with your Yahoo friends from your Android device.
- Chat over VoIP or via instant messaging, share images and video...
- Call and text anyone, anywhere.
- Nimbuzz is everything you need to communicate for free.
- Make free Skype-to-Skype video calls, and call phones at Skype ...
- Get WhatsApp Messenger and say goodbye to SMS!.
- Push emails, sync conversations, integrate contacts, search, an...
- Puffin Web Browser is the fastest web browser on the Android pl...
- Record, transcribe, and email personal call notes with two taps...
- Provide Internet access to your laptop through your Android pho...
- CallsApp: Cheap International Calls saves you a fortune on your...
- Chat with other KIK users using our Chat Rooms. Get started in ...
- Make new friends, send free voice, video and photo messages.
- Octane is a new, turbo charged, super light weight, high perfor...
- Power up your chat and pick your word to send as a WordArt.
- Free Network telephone softphone.CellPhone ID is Account.Free i...
- Visit online meeting place for your journey to dating and roman...
- Yahoo Messenger, Yahoo IM & Yahoo chat. Instant message your fr...
- Tether your computer through the Android phone's data connectio...
- Yahoo! Auctions facilitates Android users to shop for the full ...
- See who the unknown caller is, block unwanted calls and SMS, an...
- Stay on top of your Gmail easier with this fast and mobile inbo...
- Chat, share images, audio and video in a nice and clean user in...
- View Microsoft Word and Excel files and attachments on your And...
All versions:1.8 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"3.0.3 is pretty... pretty inconvenient."
Version: Yahoo Mail 2.6.6
When I delete an email, the app used to advance to the next email in line, now the email remains on screen until I go back to the inbox. It's inconvenient and requires extra, time-wasting steps.
The app no longer allows me to advance to the next email without returning to my inbox. Again, it requires needless extra steps.
I used to be able to swipe to the side to go from one email to the next, but that function is no longer supported.
The latest version is slow to use and inconvenient. I hate it and wish I could revert to an older version.
When I delete an email the app used to advance to the next email in line, now the email remains on screen until I go back to the inbox. It's inconvenient and requires extra (wasted) steps.
The app no longer allows me to advance to the next email without returning to my inbox. Agin, it requires needless extra steps. I used to be able to swipe to the side to go from one email to the next, but that function is no longer supported.
These really seem like simple things. When I delete and email, I don't want to keep looking at it. Make it go away and show me the next one. When I'm ready to go on to the next email I should be able to advance without having to return to the inbox. Why does yahoo suddenly want me to return to the inbox all the time. It makes no sense.
The new app is pretty, but inconvenient to use. I don't know why they took out the convenient functions, just to replace them with a pretty background. I'd rather have a faster less pretty email app. I used to prefer this app to apples mail app on my ipod, but now it's FAR less usable.
Yahoo should spend less time redesigning logos and adding pretty pictures and more time making sure there products actually work. Just a suggestion.
Review for Yahoo mail app as used on a google nexus 7.
"Slow ass... with version 3.0.3 on my Nexus 4 w/ 4.3"
Version: Yahoo Mail 2.6.6
Theme colours can be chosen
Theme colours are chosen and then changed automatically to some other colour. Slow as hell. Can't believe it takes at least 10 to 30 seconds for each of my e-mails to show up.
Wished I can undo the installation and revert back to the previous version. If you know how, please let me know.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content