Usenet newsreader for Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP. It's written in Delphi. by the way.
- New users are often confused or annoyed by Xnews opening an article or thread when they click on the subject. The solution is simple: don't click on the subject! Instead, click in any of the other columns, like From or Date or Lines.
- To decode yEnc files, make sure you're using the latest Xnews version. yEnc files should decode transparently (you don't need to do anything special).
- To install/update Xnews, just unzip all files into a directory of your choice. It's safe to overwrite everything. All your data/settings will remain intact.
- Look at Special | Keyboard mapping. You may find commands you did not know of!
- Use the queue, Luke! To decode several binaries, you have to first queue them by pressing space or click on the Q column. Then, hit F4 (decode).
What's new in this version:
- Possibly fixed the errant got reply sound problem.
- If you have a free floating (non-MDI) editor window, it doesn't warn when you shut down Xnews without saving.
- X-Face is now integrated into the exe. No need for compface.dll. Thank you, Matthijs.
- Took out the yEnc info banner. I think everyone knows what it is by now
- Also, added total= to yEnc header, in compliance with yEnc 1.3.