Xirc is an internet relay chat (IRC) application only for MacOSX written in pure Objective-C using Cocoa frameworks. Xirc is fully integrated with the MacOSX technologies, as like sheets, drag&drop, AddressBook, etc.
It is fully scriptable using the flexible and powerful like 'C' internal language or the AppletScript language. It supports the plugins to extend a scripting capabilities or create applications through the IRC engine.
Xirc implements DCC Send,Chat and TurboDCC, SSL connections (SSLv2 and SSLv3) with certificate and private key, connections through proxy server (HTTP, SocksV4, SocksV4a, SocksV5) and many others features.
What's new in this version:
- This release fixes a variety of bugs and adds some new features.
- The application now is Universal Binary and works on PPC and Intel.
- The Network core was completely rewritten to support IPv6 via CFNetwork framework.
- Added channel encript to talk on encrypted channels using the most used MIRCCryption algorithm and the AES 128/192/256 bits.
- Updated the growl and perl plugin to work correctly on Panther and Tiger respectively. The growl plugin supports G... See all new features »