Xilisoft's Video Cutter 2 is an easy-to-use shareware video-editing tool. It's designed to make quick work of cutting and saving excerpts from videos. You simply drag arrows to set the beginning and end points of the clips you want to extract, and Video Cutter does the rest. Video Cutter works with most video file types, including Flash video, so you won't need to convert your clips to post them on sites like YouTube. But Video Cutter can also convert your files on output, if you tell it to. Video Cutter is free to try, but the trial version is limited to three cuts.
Video Cutter's simple interface opens with a Getting Started screen. The program's procedure is simple: click the Plus sign, browse to a compatible video file, and click the Play button. Then set the beginning and end points and press the Cut button. We started with an AVI from our archive. It played smoothly in Video Cutter. We advanced to the section we wanted to extract and set the beginning and end points by clicking each arrow and dragging it into place, much like setting the margins in a word processor. We could also enter the start and end times directly via counters. You can set multiple segments to cut, and each appears in the program's expandable file list, though of course the trial limited us to just three clips. A check box tells Video Cutter to combine all the segments into one file. We could preview our clips before cutting to make sure everything was just right. Clicking the Cut button initiated our batch, after we chose our Output Settings. We could keep the existing video's format or convert it by simply selecting our device or file type from an extensive list. Other than a nag screen in the trial, that's all there is to it. Our new clips played normally.
Xilisoft's Video Cutter 2 easily handled jobs like extracting clips and editing out commercials from recorded TV. Free tools offer similar features, but Video Cutter's trial is sufficient to show what it can do.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Xilisoft Video Cutter 184.108.40.20620925.
Xilisoft Video Cutter is powerful video cutter which can perfectly assist you to select and cut your favorite segments in one file, and cut out the segments you dislike. It supports almost all popular video formats such as VCD, AVI, MPEG, MP4, WMV, 3GP, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, H.264/PSP AVC, MOV and ASF. It allows you to set the begin-point and end-point accurately.
1. Xilisoft Video Cutter fully supports Intel Pentium D Dual-Core Processor and AMD Athlon 64 X 2 Dual-Core Processor;
2. It supports preview. You could preview the original files and the output files;
3. When using Video Cutter, you could set the begin-point and end-point super accurately;
4. You are able to custom your conversion to get the best performance;
5. AfterDone action is provided. You could designate the status after all your tasks are finished: do nothing, shut down automatically, keep dormancy status, stand by, and end this program;
6. It supports different kinds of skins. You could choose your favorite skin to ensure your satisfaction;
7. It supports multi-language.more info at www.xilisoft.com
What's new in this version:
Version 220.127.116.1121121 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.