CNET Editors' review
Xilisoft's Video Cutter 2 is an easy-to-use shareware video-editing tool. It's designed to make quick work of cutting and saving excerpts from videos. You simply drag arrows to set the beginning and end points of the clips you want to extract, and Video Cutter does the rest. Video Cutter works with most video file types, including Flash video, so you won't need to convert your clips to post them on sites like YouTube. But Video Cutter can also convert your files on output, if you tell it to. Video Cutter is free to try, but the trial version is limited to three cuts.
Video Cutter's simple interface opens with a Getting Started screen. The program's procedure is simple: click the Plus sign, browse to a compatible video file, and click the Play button. Then set the beginning and end points and press the Cut button. We started with an AVI from our archive. It played smoothly in Video Cutter. We advanced to the section we wanted to extract and set the beginning and end points by clicking each arrow and dragging it into place, much like setting the margins in a word processor. We could also enter the start and end times directly via counters. You can set multiple segments to cut, and each appears in the program's expandable file list, though of course the trial limited us to just three clips. A check box tells Video Cutter to combine all the segments into one file. We could preview our clips before cutting to make sure everything was just right. Clicking the Cut button initiated our batch, after we chose our Output Settings. We could keep the existing video's format or convert it by simply selecting our device or file type from an extensive list. Other than a nag screen in the trial, that's all there is to it. Our new clips played normally.
Xilisoft's Video Cutter 2 easily handled jobs like extracting clips and editing out commercials from recorded TV. Free tools offer similar features, but Video Cutter's trial is sufficient to show what it can do.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Xilisoft Video Cutter 184.108.40.20620925.
Xilisoft Video Cutter is powerful video cutter which can perfectly assist you to select and cut your favorite segments in one file, and cut out the segments you dislike. It supports almost all popular video formats such as VCD, AVI, MPEG, MP4, WMV, 3GP, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, H.264/PSP AVC, MOV and ASF. It allows you to set the begin-point and end-point accurately.
1. Xilisoft Video Cutter fully supports Intel Pentium D Dual-Core Processor and AMD Athlon 64 X 2 Dual-Core Processor;
2. It supports preview. You could preview the original files and the output files;
3. When using Video Cutter, you could set the begin-point and end-point super accurately;
4. You are able to custom your conversion to get the best performance;
5. AfterDone action is provided. You could designate the status after all your tasks are finished: do nothing, shut down automatically, keep dormancy status, stand by, and end this program;
6. It supports different kinds of skins. You could choose your favorite skin to ensure your satisfaction;
7. It supports multi-language.more info at www.xilisoft.com
What's new in this version: Version 220.127.116.1121121 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Play digital media of various formats including incomplete, par...
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Play any video and audio file including Youtube clips without t...
- Convert your videos, audios, and pictures to preferable file fo...
- Capture, convert, and consume movies, music and photos for the ...
- Create and convert video to DVD with quality.
- Convert any formats video to iPad, iPhone, AVCHD, Blu-Ray, DVD.
- Create movies from camcorder videos and common videos.
- Burn, copy, write and erase your DVD / CD.
- Burn audio and data CDs, video DVDs, and Blu-ray data discs.
- Record video on your screen or with a webcam.
- Burn videos to DVD disc or generate ISO files.
- Burn all popular video and audio files to DVD disc, DVD folder,...
- Convert AVI, MKV, DivX, and XviD files to DVD format.
- Write prepared DVD videos, files, folders to a DVD.
- Create quality clips from GoPro contents.
- Convert most popular video formats between each other, through ...
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 40 votes
Current version:2.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"It serves my needs"
Version: Xilisoft Video Cutter 18.104.22.16821121
Better than other video cutters I've tried before;
very easy to use;
Manually set the starting and ending time of the video and allow to select any part of the video;
Easy, Fast, Clean;
Support manay video formats;
I do not see the bad side of this little program
In one word, it is a best video cutter
"3 files trial is too cheap to even consider installing"
Version: Xilisoft Video Cutter 22.214.171.12421121
NONE. Because I cannot really get to see the output.
Cheap business model for trial of only 3 files.
Cannot uninstalled afterwards. Feels like being spammed.
Might have been actually a good software but I can never get to the point where I see a finished cut. A simple warning of checking the start and point and end point marker will help new users to understand how to user the interface. Minus another point
Even big software like adobe let us try 30 days. So say a simple program should at least let use use couple days to get familiar with the various functions and see how accurate the cut is.
Problem with uninstall. Minus yet ANOTHER BIG POINT.
DO NOT brother to download! A waste of time. There are many simple programs that do the same without the hassle of uninstalling and 3 times only trial. If you need accurate and good products use the big programs such as Adobe's
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content