A newer version of XXClone is available.Or, Learn More About XXClone
Full user review
"Superiorly rapid incremental disk image backup program."
- Very rapid backup compared to other programs.
- A unique incremental backup method for disk images saves a lot of time.
- In addition, the speed of backup is greatly enhanced through the ingenious HyperSync algorithm.
- The only program on the market that enables disk image incremental backup faster than ordinary file backup programs. This makes it a superior replacement to file backup programs and also to disk-image programs, because making a full disk-image every times takes much more time than the incremental backup that XXClone does.
- While other disk-imaging programs require stopping the use of the computer, XXCLone can work in the background while you continue working with the computer.
- XXClone can clone a volume to a different file system. For example you can clone a FAT volume to a NTFS volume etc.
- Builds on over a decade of incremental experience specialized on this area. Therefore it is solidly stable which is very important for backup programs.
No real cons, as far as I have experienced. Some minor technical limitations described by the producer:
XXCLONE does not currently employ a brute-force optimization in the cloning operation other than the good programing technique of coding the program as efficiently as any conscientious engineer does.
As a consequence, one may find a competing product outperforming XXCLONE in the first full volume cloning operation. However, XXCLONE's ability to perform the incremental backup will more than compensate for it.
XXCLONE currently does not support a Dynamic Disk as the target volume. If your target disk has already been configured as a Dynamic Disk, you must reinitialize the target disk as a Basic Disk.
Disk images are the ideal backups because you can immediately restore the computer after a virus attack. Today, disk image programs are becoming a necessity - the only way of rapidly getting into business after a virus attack.
However, most people have not been using this method because making a full disk image takes much time.
Through an ingenious solution, XXCLONE enables incremental backup of the disk image. This means that only changed files are backed up, while the others remain as they were.
Moreover, through the Hypersync algorithm, the incremental backup works much faster than any other program.
In addition, with other backup programs you cannot use the computer when the disk image is being created while XXCLONE allows you to use it.
Therefore, most people use selective backup of their files (with daily backup for only their most important directories and less frequent backup for others, because otherwise the backup takes too much time) and make disk images relatively rarely.
However, because of the great speed of the incremental disk image backup, this program eliminates the need for selective file backup programs.
This is the only program you need for backup of all kinds and the smartest solution because getting an updated disk image is almost a necessity in these times of much virus exposure as it saves you lots of time when the virus has hit. Getting a disk image at the same time as all your changed files are backed up is the smartest solution I can imagine.