This program brings back the Apple Menu to Mac OS X and includes also a complete application launcher. By adding one or more global menus to the right side of the menu bar you can easily access your preferred applications, folders (and subfolders), documents and files. Furthermore there's no explicit need for a configuration (e.g. creating lots of folders and aliases or adding items to user-defined setups) - just activate the menus you like. All menus and submenus update themselves automatically just like the good old Apple Menu so it's not necessary to refresh them manually. In addition, XMenu optionally displays small or large icons and follows aliases and symbolic links. Finally, please note that contrary to most other solutions, this is neither a hack ("haxie") nor an unofficial menu extra.
What's new in this version:
- NEW: Help menu.
- NEW: XMenu adapted to the requirements of the Mac App Store.
- Improved: User-defined and snippets folders are now '~/Library/Application Support/XMenu/Custom' and '~/Library/Application Support/XMenu/Snippets'. Old folders are automatically moved to the new locations.
- Improved: Slightly revised application menu.
- Improved: 32/64-Bit Universal application.
- Removed: Obsolete code for Mac OS X 10.4.x and reduced usage of 'priva...
See all new features »