CNET Editors' review
As a nifty program full of cool tools, Writer's Cafe Portable helps you improve and organize your writing. Its layout won't win any design awards, but it's so packed full of neat and fun features that you won't really care. If you need help finishing or starting that novel you've been talking about for years, this is the program you want.
Since it operates as a portable application, you can install it to a USB drive just as easily as on your computer. Once you're inside the program, it offers tons of cool features to help you write. There are storyline organizers, character notebooks, and even a full word processor. If you're still in the inspiration stage, there are writing prompts, little notes of encouragement, and famous sayings from writers littered throughout the program. Writer's Cafe Portable operates like your desktop. That means you can reorganize and rearrange your program icons however you want. Some of the features require you to register the software. However, most of these aren't necessary unless you're a serious professional.
If you're just getting started in the wide world of writing, this is a neat tool to have. It packs so many interesting programs into one package that you're sure to find something that can help you write. Since Writer's Cafe Portable lives up to the portable in its name, it's perfect for coffee shop and traveling writers, too.
From Anthemion Software:
Writer's Cafe Portable is a set of power tools for all fiction writers, whether experienced or just starting out. This tool dramatically accelerates the creation and structuring of your novel or screenplay. Designed by published novelist Harriet Smart, It also includes a notebook, journal, research organiser, pinboard, inspirational quotations, daily writing tips, writing exercises, name generation, and a 60 page e book. Writer's Cafe runs on all popular operating systems, with special support for netbooks, and can run from a USB memory stick.
What's new in this version: Version 2.37 has fixed a bug redoing commands when viewing a sheet other than that selected.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Transfer your presentation data to number of conference partici...
- Write an image to multiple USB Flash Drives.
- Extract forensic data from computers quickly and easily.
- Connect to the server and use the software services.
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Measure various performance characteristics of data storage dev...
- Monitor your business metrics using gadgets on your desktop.
- Share your files over multiple P2P networks, but through your b...
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purposeSponsored Products
- Get a story development tool on computer.
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Utilize an Internet-based video conference tool.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Not really free"
Version: Writer's Cafe Portable 2.37
Great interface easy to use
Not Free. Its limited to 30 notecards
Ok but not free
"IT IS NOT FREE"
Version: Writer's Cafe Portable 2.37
I can not find the free version
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content