Word 2003 Sample: Creating a Search Application with Visual Basic .NET to create a simple application in Visual Basic .NET that searches a database and uses the results to populate a Word document using XML tags or bookmarks.
This code sample accompanies the MSDN article "Creating a Search Application with Word 2003 and Visual Basic .NET" available from the Related Resources link. Frank Rice guides the reader through the steps of creating a simple application in Visual Basic .NET that searches an Access database and uses the results to populate a Word document using both XML tags and bookmarks. The article also provides some background on data access technologies in the .NET Framework. This version is the first release on CNET Download.com.
What's new in this version: This version is the first release on CNET Download.com.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Search and apply for grants from various foundations and organi...
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Manage and share XML feeds with friends and family.
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Index, navigate, and search through large ammounts of text with...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Manage inner structure of your computer applications.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Create a new RSS feed from several others.
- Index your media files in a database.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Add a php-based gallery to your Web site.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Construct tree-like representations for different types of rule...
- Search from various search engines easily.
- Create online relational database solutions with no programming...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Create and customize blogs.