From Witango Technologies:
Witango is characterized by its highly visual approach that is particularly suited to the demands of complex business applications. It uses a graphical interface (actions) to visually separate the logic of the application into Business Logic (the control and flow of the application), Database Acquisition Logic (dealing with data retrieval from SQL databases), Presentation Logic (how the results are displayed to the browser), and External Data Acquisition Logic (dealing with interactions to back office systems such as email, XML, File I/O, Javabeans etc). The result of visually separating the logic of the application is that the application developer can very quickly gain a fast understanding of the overall logic, structure and flow of the application. This in turn means that the development of an application can occur more rapidly and the maintenance cost of the code can be reduced.
Witango Development Studio is designed specifically to optimize developers' productivity in building and deploying scalable multi-tier web applications. Witango web application development uses a visual drag and drop approach to programming and is designed to ensure that anyone can build a web application that integrates to a database (search, insert, update and delete records), call JavaBeans, send emails and can perform complex logic without having to learn object orientated programming.
Witango can provide your Web Application with a solid application framework, a simple interface for both the production and ongoing maintenance of complex application logic, a variety of mechanisms to integrate to non-web interfaces, and a wide range of database connectivity options and the ability to deploy to a wide range of operating systems.
Witango 5.0 has been almost completely rewritten to take advantage of the Unix core of Mac OS X. This means that the Witango 5.0 release delivers superior performance and stability over Tango 2000. The new development studio is now completely carbonized. A free feature limited Lite edition is available.
Additional information is available at http://www.witango.com/product/guide/
What's new in this version:
- Architecture: Multi Threaded/Multi CPU capable, JVM 1.4.x
- Performance: Nearly twice as fast as Tango 2000
- Mail: POP3, IMAP4
- DB Connectivity: JDBC, ODBC 3, OCI, FileMaker 5/6
- Web Server Support: WebStar 5, Apache 1.3 and 2.0 plug-ins
- Encryption: AES, 3DES, MARS, BlowFish, SHA
- Configuration: Load balancing and Fault Tolerance
More Products to Consider
- Updates Java components.
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Manage business database applications.
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- XML based web application server.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Write your programs with a graphical programming language and d...
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Popular HTML & text editor.
- Affinic Debugger Graphical User Interface (GDB) for Mac OS X.
- Web browser geared towards web developers.
- Simple, usefull organisational database applications.
- Script language for apps supporting OSA languages.
- Automate data entry and exchange data with other applications.
- Automate the production of multiple graphics in Motion.
- Text clipping storage tool.
- Web app development.
- Open-source content management system.
- Record, organize and generate Patient charts in the hospital or...