Wireshark is the world's foremost network protocol analyzer, and is the de facto (and often de jure) standard across many industries and educational institutions.
Wireshark development thrives thanks to the contributions of networking experts across the globe. It is the continuation of a project that started in 1998.
- Deep inspection of hundreds of protocols, with more being added all the time
- Live capture and offline analysis
- Standard three-pane packet browser
- Multi-platform: Runs on Windows, Linux, OS X, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and many others
- Captured network data can be browsed via a GUI, or via the TTY-mode TShark utility
- The most powerful display filters in the industry
- Rich VoIP analysis
- Read/write many different capture file formats: tcpdump (libpcap), Pcap NG, Catapult DCT2000, Cisco Secure IDS iplog, Microsoft Network Monitor, Network General Sniffer (compressed and uncompressed), Sniffer Pro, and NetXray, Network Instruments Observer, NetScreen snoop, Novell LANalyzer, RADCOM WAN/LAN Analyzer, Shomiti/Finisar Surveyor, Tektronix K12xx, Visual Networks Visual UpTime, WildPackets EtherPeek/TokenPeek/AiroPeek, and many others
- Capture files compressed with gzip can be decompressed on the fly
- Live data can be read from Ethernet, IEEE 802.11, PPP/HDLC, ATM, Bluetooth, USB, Token Ring, Frame Relay, FDDI, and others (depending on your platform)
- Decryption support for many protocols, including IPsec, ISAKMP, Kerberos, SNMPv3, SSL/TLS, WEP, and WPA/WPA2
- Coloring rules can be applied to the packet list for quick, intuitive analysis
- Output can be exported to XML, PostScript, CSV, or plain text
What's new in this version: See http://www.wireshark.org/docs/relnotes/wireshark-1.4.4.html.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Search and remove unwanted adware and toolbars from your comput...
- Stay anonymous, change your IP address, and protect your comput...
- Detect and destroy malware and viruses.
- Protect computer against viruses, Trojans, adware, spyware, or ...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
All versions:2.6 stars
out of 11 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"V1.4.4 fails to launch with error?"
Version: Wireshark 1.4.4
Great utility when it's working!
Updates don't work for every Mac; PPC and Intel Core Duo for instance.
I found this error in the OS X 10.6.6 system logs:
"/Applications/Wireshark/Wireshark.app/Contents/Resources/bin/wireshark-bin: Bad CPU type in executable"
That tells me my Intel Core Duo is not supported by this version, only Core2 Duo's and above should download (as far as I know) versions above 1.2.10- the last one that runs on my computer. The v1.2.10 application seems to function OK with the current /bin utilities, but we'll see. Archive your functional install before trying this out!
"Not up to the level of "Mac-Ness" that one expects..."
Version: Wireshark 1.4.4
There was nothing good about my experience with this software
Runs in X11 (Gross)
Complicated Setup (You have to show all files to find some of the directories to put files)
Didn't work (Unable to find any Wifi adapters on my Mac Book pro)
This is a port of a linux program (hence why it runs in X11). It is a good idea, but it did not work on my Mac Book Pro 6,2 running 10.6.6. It was unable to find a suitable wireless adapter. The interface in clunky at best and looks awful. To be honest most X11 programs do. The author should put a more Mac Friendly UI to it before releasing a newer version, and one that works with newer macs.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content