CNET Editors' review
WirelessKeyView's simple-looking interface belies its utility. The main feature lets you view the passwords your Wi-Fi manager has stored, but it offers more than just that. The spreadsheet-style main window shows the properties on any stored network name. Users can view not just the ASCII password, but also the Hex key, the adapter type, and the adapter GUID. If you want to copy any of the information, hit ALT Enter to open a properties window that displays it all in editable text fields.
Besides offering copy and search functions, WirelessKeyView also crams in an HTML report feature for either selected networks or the entire database. All in all, it's a great little app for revealing some of the hidden mysteries of the Wi-Fi signals you're using.
From NirSoft Freeware:
WirelessKeyView recovers all wireless network keys (WEP/WPA) stored in your computer by the Wireless Zero Configuration service of Windows XP. It allows you to easily save all keys to text/html/xml file, or copy a single key to the clipboard.
What's new in this version: Version 1.55 added /export and /import command-line options, which allows you to export/import wireless keys from command-line.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Search and remove unwanted adware and toolbars from your comput...
- Stay anonymous, change your IP address, and protect your comput...
- Detect and destroy malware and viruses.
- Protect computer against viruses, Trojans, adware, spyware, or ...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 71 votes
Current version:2.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"does what it says"
Version: WirelessKeyView 1.55
gives the the converted codes to get on line with a computer.
won't give the original password phrase,which is what you need for an I-pad
"Doesn't work - version 1.55 windows 7"
Version: WirelessKeyView 1.55
Sounds like a cool app
Well....it doesn't work
I installed it and opened it up and it does nothing. It doesn't list any network.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content