The Windows 7 Codec Pack is an easy way to install all main stream codecs to play movie and music files downloaded from the internet or ripped from original discs. Installation is made simple with an easy install option and the most functional setting are automatically applied. Popular file types are set to play in Windows Media Player automatically, although the codecs will work in every player. Codecs for encoding and editing are installed by the pack with settings automatically applied to suit most encoding, ripping and editing applications.The codec pack includes both 32bit and 64bit codecs enabling it to work with 32bit and 64bit versions of Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows Media Player.
Files supported include .mkv (Matroska) .avi .bdmv .evo .mp4 .m4v .m4a .flv .webm .ogm .ogg .ts .ps .ac3 (Dolby Digital) .dts (Digital Theater Surround) .mpg .mpeg (MPEG2) .flac .ape (Monkey Audio) .aac (Advanced Audio Coding) .ofr (OptimFrog) .mpc (Musepack) .wv (WavPack) and many more Compression types supported include 10bit x264 (Hi10p), x264, h264, AVC, DivX, XviD, MJPEG (Morgan JPEG) MPEG4 and many more.
What's new in this version:
- Version 4.0.6:
- Updated ffdshow to version 1.2.4504 build 20130313.
- Updated ffdshow x64 to version 1.2.4504 build 20130313.
- Updated LAV filters to 0.55.3.
- Updated LAV filters x64 to 0.55.3.
- Updated L.A.M.E MP3 ACM encoder codec to 3.99.5.
- Updated DXVA/Intel Quick Sync detection database.
- Added a codec settings GUI.
- Added a task tray icon with right click context for settings.
- Added ... See all new features »