CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
Since one of the most common uses for a smartphone is listening to music, many applications have been created for the purpose of playing and organizing music files. Winamp is one of the most popular of these for many reasons; it has been around for a long time and still delivers.
What mainly attracts users to Winamp is not necessarily this main application, which is free. In the $4.99 Winamp Pro version, you also get many upgrade features such as a graphic equalizer, podcast support, and Internet radio. The application loads quickly and immediately recognizes all music files located on the device. Album art is fully supported and you can create custom playlists. This media player displays music in several different ways depending on the customization of the playlist. Sound quality is really good and there is no skipping or freezing. The application itself is very stable and polished. It is well-designed and very intuitive, too. A dark background with bright high-contrast lettering is easy on the eyes and modern-looking.
Winamp functions well and also offers many great, high-value add-ons. Most people should have no problem using it and it can provide many hours of listening pleasure. Winamp is recommended for the audiophile or anyone who occasionally likes to listen to music on an Android device.
Play, manage and sync music from your Mac or PC to your Android device. Winamp for Android offers a complete music management solution (2.1 OS & above) featuring wireless desktop sync (latest Winamp Media Player required), iTunes library import, & access to thousands of internet radio stations with SHOUTcast. Core (Free) Features:
What's new in this version:
More Products to Consider
- Sync iTunes playlists, rate music and build playlists directly ...
- MX Video Player - The best way to enjoy your movies.a) MULTI-CO...
- Mix and scratch 2 MP3 files on your Android device.
- SYBLA TV Sybla TV brings you the best Arabic and international ...
- Turn your phone into a wireless camera! Supports Windows, Mac a...
- Download your favorite videos from websites!.
- Bass Booster - Equalizer - Volume Booster - 10 Presets.
- The best sound machine!.
- Play almost any type of digital music files with Wide/Reverb/X-...
- Turn your Android, iOS, Symbian phones into wireless cameras an...
- YO. This is AutoRap. It turns speech into rap, and corrects bad...
- Hollywood Movies.
- Create Dubstep remixes your favorite songs by " Dubstep Sound M...
- US TV allows you to watch many free United State television cha...
- Volume Booster will make your phone sound and overall volume st...
- Play and organize a variety of audio and video files.
- Get a podcasting application on your Android device.
- Manage and play your media on the Android device.
- Browse, purchase, and download music from Magnatune.com from yo...
- Compose your patterns and create music loops on your Android de...
- Temporarily 50% off!iMusic Pro: iPhone 5 + iOS 7 is the latest ...
- Play multiple video formats on your smartphone.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"I like it well enough. . ."
Version: Winamp 1.1.1
It works well on my Droid X2. I like the Public radio stations on it. I don't use it much for recorded music but when I do, it works very much like the apps on a PC. A lower learning curve and a high comfort level for use.
Like all Android apps it is easy to lock it up. Though I'm not sure that is WinAmp's fault. The radio stations don't always stream as smoothly as I would like. You need an unlimited data plan for this sort of app and stay close to a power source.
As reliable as android apps get (which means so-so compared to a PC). It allows me to listen to Public radio in modern buildings where reception is spotty at best. I"ve got a grandfathered ulmimited plan from Verizon so when it finally goes away, I may have to rethink this sort of app. Not perfect, but the best of the one I've tried.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content