Floppy disk support may be achieved by creating a disk image with Apple's Disk Copy software. An OpenOSX utility is provided to transfer data between the emulator and the Mac OS X operating system.
The OpenOSX CD installs separate disk images with FreeDos, Linux, DLX Linux, NetBSD and OpenBSD pre-installed. The user may install Pentium/x86-based operating systems of their choice. OpenOSX has tested Windows 95, and are preparing instructions for installing Windows 98 and Windows NT 4.0.
Thanks to Mac OS X's advanced architecture, multiple G4 CPUs are utilized and are emulated as a single powerful Pentium(R) processor. Mac OS X is a true chameleon of operating systems, users may now run a long list of operating systems within it: Mac OS 9, Windows 95/98/NT, DOS, Linux, Unix, BSD, etc. software seamlessly.
- Full Pentium Emulation
- FreeDos, Linux, OpenBSD, etc Operating Systems included
- You may install your choice of Pentium based software
- Configuration graphical user interface
- Tested with Windows 95, Windows 98/NT instructions in progress
- Mac OS X Native, accelerated for AltiVec