From T55 Software:
Download the WinMate, the free system optimize tool to speed up your computer. Why does computer run slow? One major reason is the bad system setting error. The more you use your computer, the more gunked up your Windows system becomes. Applications change system settings cause computer runs slow. Checking setting errors can help you fix slow PC, boost startup and prevent computer from freezing, crashing and getting Blue Screen. Sounds easy enough, right? It certainly does, but to do this yourself would take hours of research and hours of scrolling through the registry's thousands of entries to delete or change them. And guess what? Any teeny tiny mistake you make could cripple the very core of your computer for good. WinMate can go into the system kernel to safely restore or optimize settings that slow the system. With WinMate, people can get rid of potential threats with easy. Additionally, WinMate is dedicated to delivering free, easy-to-use, effective and human designed Windows security utility software. So you can conduct a deep scan of your registry, fix IE and check file conflicts and repair them in a few clicks. Main features of WinMate: 1 Speed Up Your PC, Fix Windows Errors, Repair your registry and optimize improper setting. 2 Boost Windows Startup Time by optimizing useless system services and disabling unwanted startup. 3 Permanently erase your Internet activity, history and personal files to protect Your Internet Privacy. 4 IE Mate comprises a host of rich built-in utilities to guarantee a better and healthier environment of your IE browser. Plugin Manager is a professional toolkit to help you remove malicious plugins which slow your computer. IE Restore: IE Restore utility allows to restore all the original settings of your IE. 5 Get rid of stubborn files from your computer. WinMate provides you file wiper and program uninstaller.
What's new in this version: Optimization function.
More Products to Consider
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Mask your E-mail address, phone number, or credit card in Firef...
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Protect computer against viruses, Trojans, adware, spyware, or ...
- Monitor, filter, and control all computer activities of your ch...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Protect folders, hide files, lock applications, and restrict ac...
All versions:2.4 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"didn't seem to work out for me"
Version: WinMate 0.8.0118.1
Free. Interface was OK. Good features and apps.
Two of my many scanners that I use flagged it as malware, which makes me paranoid. One file was quarantined and the other was deleted by the scanner. See below for the rest of the story. My problems may or may not been self-induced.
First of all I am not particularly computer savvy. However, I use a netbook and everything I care about on it can be replaced as I have no photos and such on it. That makes me somewhat fearless in downloading. I run many malware and and virus scanners(freeware) and five or six junk and registry cleaners(freeware) very regularly. Before cleaning with WinMate, I had just run a series of other cleaners. WinMate cleaned more than 300 megs which I at the time wondered if it was not high as I had just run the other cleaners and only had about 26 gigs on my hd. I must admit that by this time I had downed a few. I don't remember much difficulty right after running WinMate. Then I ran some scans and got the flags. When I get a flag I run numerous other scans as I almost am able to get more than one. I try to get as much info as I can. I don't know if the flags were legit or false positives. Subsequently, I had problems getting on the net with browsers( IE, Chrome, and Opera(my default). Things like updates worked OK, just not browsers. I tried system restore but it would not restore. Oh &*?!!!. Couldn't figure it out-reinstalled browsers-tried many system restore points. Ended up doing a PC restore(there is a partition in the hd that has the original software that came with the computer when it was purchased). Netbook is over a year old-well over a hundred winxp updates to download and reinstall and everything else. I had been thinking about doing it any way as I am moving to a place with a much slower network and things on the netbook had decreasing quality. I am not sure what caused my problem-WinMate cleaning overexhubertly-overzealous scanning and deletion-stupid mistake I may have made-something totally unrelated?? I WinMate did not cause my problem, it may be a very good program-If you try it, you should have a good back-up. As all the downloading and installing was tiresome, I think I will get an imager. I am just passing on to cnetters my experience.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content