From Gennady Feldman:
Win32Pad is a feature-filled text editor written with a programmer in mind. Its main purpose is to provide the functionality that's missing from Notepad without sacrificing file size and performance. It's very fast and powerful. This editor is written so you can install it and start using it. The features make your experience better, easier, and more efficient.
Version 18.104.22.168 is a bug fixing release.
What's new in this version: Version 22.214.171.124 is a bug fixing release.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Track your important events and get reminders of them.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Schedule programs, scripts, and other tasks to start automatica...
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Use the information provided easier, using less time.
- Calculate your auto loan using variable rates, taxes, and other...
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
All versions:4.3 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:3.7 stars
out of 3 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"A valuable alternative to Notepad"
Version: Win32Pad 126.96.36.199
The one feature that makes it an essential replacement for Notepad if you are working with code is the status bar with the line and column numbers. Also if you want to troubleshoot a Perl script, for instance, the text layout is correctly displayed while the XP Notepad will eliminate spaces between characters and lines making the code incomprehensible. Other useful features for coders are auto-indenting, line numbers, and the ability to read/write Unix and Mac text files. One cool feature provided by Richedit 3.0 is the incorporation of hyper-links in text which can be used to open the default browser. Some of the Richedit based word processors cannot do this.
There are non considering it is not supposed to be a fully featured programmers editor. Tabbed documents might be a valuable improvement.
There are dozens of Notepad alternatives fighting for supremacy and some of them contain a wealth of advanced features for programmers not available in Win32Pad. However the Win32Pad executable is only 54 kb in size and it opens very fast. This is the ideal NotePad replacement for advanced computer hobbyists because it enables the user to work efficiently with code without having lots of confusing menus and options. Highly recommended.
"better alternatives out there"
Version: Win32Pad 188.8.131.52
uses richedit, loading time is tediously awfull, very few features on offer, not developed anymore
this editor is far behing.. there are much much better alternatives out there
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content