CNET Editors' review
Who Is the Killer (Episode One) is the first of a series of mini games representing a detective game. As each day passes, someone dies, and your job is to figure out who is the killer. Who Is the Killer installs easily and is free.
Who Is the Killer is a fairly straightforward game graphically, with limited screen displays. You start with an image of people sitting around, and you can click on people or items to interact with them. A set of mini games adds to the puzzle, but the goal is to figure out which character is the murderer. You have to figure out the culprit within seven days, and all the suspects have motives for killing. As part of the challenge, you talk to individuals (who may lie to you) and check your own dreams for clues.
Who Is the Killer is not difficult, but does rely on a bit of logic, a bit of sleuthing (to figure out the liars), and a bit of luck. The game will attract different types of audiences, but it's not a hard-core game with a lot of repeatability. Still, as a good challenge for a few hours, it is worth the time investment. Future episodes will build on the premise and expand it.
From D. Glaznev:
This original game is based on classical english detective rules. Everyday someone dies and you need to figure out who is the killer. Everybody has a common mystery story of the past. Everybody could have a motive to do this. And you have only seven days to stop the murderer. It is not a generic adventure game -- there is no happy end in this scenario, you can either win or lose the game (if everybody dies). Speak with characters, investigate crime scenes, guess who lies, look at your dreams to find clues and try to arrest the killer before it's too late.
What's new in this version:
- New mini-game added
- Some UI improvements
- General bug fixes
More Products to Consider
- Play a one-act interactive drama.
- Sims 2 game update.
- Realtime strategy game.
- Version 1.1 Update for Spider Man 2 Third-person action adventu...
- Use peashooters, wall-nuts, cherry bombs and more to mulchify z...
- Save the human race from invading aliens in this fun arcade-typ...
- Real-time strategy game.
- Play solitaire with 3D effects.
- Race your marbles through dangerous platforms and collect power...
- Real-time strategy game.
- Build and operate your own zoo.
- Epic adventure battle game.
- 1.0.4 Update for Command and Conquer Generals and the Zero Hour...
- Popular house life simulation game.
- Super Nintendo (SNES) emulator.
- Help a young lady eliminate a time paradox to see her beloved a...
- 2d soccer game with a lot of options.
- Corruption fix for older style fonts only when using OS 8.6.
- Game featuring the unusual three-geared Con-Tri-ption.
- New Maps and Bug Fixes for Call of Duty 4.
- Update for the strategic action-packed game.
- Pong with lots of mini-games and multiplayer.
- Haunting adventure-puzzle game.
- Breakout game clone.