From NirSoft Freeware:
WebVideoCap is a very small program that will let you save the .flv files you encounter on a Web page. After the entire video file is downloaded and played by the Web browser, the video file is saved in the folder that you selected, and you can play it offline later with any Flash Video player.
WebVideoCap can capture the video files of most popular video-sharing sites, including YouTube, Google Video, Yahoo Video, iFilm, Metacafe, and Putfile. This version is the first release on CNET Download.com.
What's new in this version: This version is the first release on CNET Download.com.
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Convert and edit your video files adding slide shows and titles...
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Back up media to Blu-ray discs and access your media via HTTP p...
- Add watermarks to all videos whatever AVI, MP4, FLV, MOV, MPG.
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Convert MTS and other popular video/audio files to any video an...
- Convert MKV videos to AVI, WMV, FLV, MP4 for playback on popula...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Convert all video/audio formats with high definition and top sp...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Convert general videos and HD videos to your desired HD formats...
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Burn videos to DVD disc or generate ISO files.
- Play any video and audio file including Youtube clips without t...
- Convert your videos to different video file formats.
- Unleash your creativity to transform your video footage into am...
- Capture and record video from your screen.
- Create movies and slide shows from your photos and videos, and ...
- Play YouTube video files from the Web or your local folders, pl...
- Convert AVCHD video files to MP4 format.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 8 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Actually works! With Firefox and Opera too! And it's tiny."
Version: WebVideoCap 1.15
Tiny executable with no installation needed. Does exactly what it says, saves flash videos that you are viewing online to a file for viewing offline. I successfully captured from a couple of sites (one was YouTube.com) and a news report, using Opera and Firefox. Doesn't need any direction to find the video (URL or frame on screen) like other capturers, just grabs it when it starts up.
Instructions may confuse- basically you MUST press "start capture" before you click on the online video. If it isn't capturing when the video starts to load, it won't save it. You can't save on replay, when the video is in your browser's cache. Also, it says that you will see the file created and "growing" in the files directory during capture but I only saw it after I pressed "stop capture". I'm using XP Pro.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content