From Theo Howell:
WebFinder is a professional easy-to-use Internet program that makes searching the web quicker and more efficient. By using existing web portals, and online databases, it allows you to search the web the way you want. It's tool set and feature list make it unique amoungst similar products - allowing the average home user to find and filter web sites they're interested in, and for the creative professional to analyse, process and output the results the way they want them.
WebFinder is able to:
- Search multiple engines simultaneously.
- Perform multiple (different) searches simultaneously.
- Strip duplicate results globally from all engines used in a search.
- Apply standard search conditioning syntax to search terms.
- Remove images, ads, and useless links through the use of a built-in Fuzzy-Logic stripping engine.
- Filter results which do not contain your search terms in their summaries, or link titles.
- Crawl the web pages linked to from within the results returned, with it's built-in page crawler.
- Automaticly Post-Process the results through the use of simple AppleScripts called "Result Plugins"
- Perform Multi-Query searches (batch searching), combining the results together. Any filters used will be applied to all results returned.
- Search for non-english search terms in the ISO8859-1 format. All results returned are run through a filter which converts all forms of ISO8859-1 to the correct HTML syntax to ensure that all characters are preserved when storing/viewing on non-mac platforms.
- Let you easily customize which engines it searches, through the use of search sets.
The amount of engines available for WebFinder to use can be easily expanded through the use of plug-ins by downloading more from the web site or creating them yourself through the built-in plug-in editor.
What's new in this version: Bugs fixed:
- Long disconnect time delays fixed! Some users may have experienced long pauses or delays in the program when waiting for results to come back. WebFinder initiates the disconnect command from each engine now, immediately after the results have been downloaded, to make search times are as quick as possible.
- A bug which caused the Summary Filter not to work, has been fixed. Additionally this option can now be changed to check link titles, instead of summaries. The duplicate... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Read e-mail and news the way you want it, with intelligent junk...
- Send free messages and make free calls to other Viber users, on...
- Make and receive phone calls and hold cross-platform webcam cha...
- Hear, see, and chat with many people at a time.
- Exchange online messages that appear as soon as they're sent.
- Use your webcam with multiple apps & add cool graphics & effect...
- Export to Facebook directly from iPhoto.
- View Outlook .msg email and contact files on Mac.
- Quality IRC & SILC client with style.
- Set up the Email and collaboration server for SMB.
- Instant messaging tool.
- Organizes your email via simple keystrokes.
- Integrate Caller ID, Address Book, Google Voice, and Bluetooth ...
- Bulk e-mailer for sending personalized messages; track messages...
- VoIP softphone for SIP networks, pbx like features.
- Photoshop plugin makes seamlessly repeating tile patterns.
- Talk to all your friends with a single application.
- Connect with all your friends instantly.
- Take control of email attachments in Apple Mail.
- A clever code editor with the most flexible workspace you've ev...
- Use more than one Skype account at once.
- Export your iPhotos into a Flash gallery.
- Localized version.
- Video chat/calling tool; see up to 6 friends at once.