Share your iPhoto Library over the internet. As soon as you have uploaded pictures from your camera to your library, you want these pictures to get available to your friends, family or whoever. Moreover, let them easily download a bunch of pictures and import them in their own iPhoto library with your captions and comments (for your lucky friends also owning a mac). WiPhA intends to be light for your server in terms of cpu and memory usage, and to provide all they need to easily browse your pictures, even in a big library. Your MacOSX standard installation includes a web server which will be used to let others access to your pictures through their web browser. After having installed WiPhA, all you have to do is turn the Web server on, configure your friends' rights and give them the URL to connect. You don't even need to be logged in, as long as your computer is on, connected to the internet, and its web server is running.
- Have an iPhoto Library accessible over the internet
- Fast and clean interface a la Google
- Set different logins with different right access
- Extensive search methods (albums, captions, comments, dates)
- Unique "date map" feature to get a quick overview of the entire library and select the period to browse
- Display the full size pictures
- Select pictures and download them as a single zip
- Import them in an other iPhoto library and keep their captions and comments with the provided applescript
- Warning on available updates
- No need to have iPhoto running, or even to be looged in
- No background process will be installed in your account
- WiPhA fully relies in the iPhoto datas (but doesn't modify them). No new data or thumb image will be generated
- WiPhA is a pure web solution, XHTML and CSS2 compliant
What's new in this version:
First public release.