CNET Editors' review
If you're stuck at your computer for hours on end, you may as well have something nice to look at. Wallpaper Downloader is an easy way to adorn your desktop with a multitude of changing images. Unlike some wallpaper applications, this one manages to supply a steady stream of high-quality, attractive photos. This isn't the type of program that we typically like to use ourselves, but we found ourselves enjoying Wallpaper Downloader quite a bit.
Wallpaper Downloader works by downloading images from Bing Images and then displaying them on your desktop as wallpaper. The program's interface isn't the most attractive we've ever seen, but it's fairly straightforward. You can choose whether you want the program to download new images automatically, whether you want the program to change the wallpaper automatically, and whether the program should use all images or just the most recently downloaded ones. The interval at which the images change can be adjusted, from 10 seconds to 12 hours, and the program can center, tile, or stretch images to fit the screen. We weren't crazy about the fact that the program requires registration for use--there didn't seem to be any reason for it--and a Help file would have been nice. But on the whole, we can't complain about Wallpaper Downloader; it worked well both to download images from Bing and to change our wallpaper, and it ended up being a nice addition to our desktop.
Wallpaper Downloader is a freeware that allows you to download all Bing wallpaper images to your computer and change your desktop background with these images on a regular basis automatically. In the first-time run, it will download the past Bing wallpaper images. From then on, it will regularly check for new images and download them automatically. Also, Wallpaper Downloader can change your computer desktop background with the downloaded images in slideshow mode.
More Products to Consider
- Animate your desktop with water effects.
- Enjoy flight over ocean in cinematic 3D environment.
- Place video wallpapers on your desktop.
- Create a screensaver with images, sounds, movies, Flash, web si...
- Customize your wallpapers and screensavers with pictures and vi...
- Bring realistic coral reef aquarium to your PC screen.
- Set your desktop virtually on fire.
- Emulates the Matrix code and introduction sequence.
- Disply a virtual aquarium with unsurpassed realism.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Change the desktop wallpaper automatically, position pictures t...
- Customize your bootup screen with your own images.
- Animate your desktop with the beautiful 3d space scenes.
- See a glowing digital clock that appears when your computer is ...
- Create, customize, and add text or an image watermark for your ...
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Look at the Koi fish of the most stunning colors.
- Create photo slideshows with effects for PC, DVD, and YouTube.
- Allows to take capture of screen.
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Batch process images quickly, resize, convert, watermark, renam...
- View celebratory dance 3D snowflakes on your desktop.
- Reduce the size of your images.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 7 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Suggest To Everyone"
Version: Wallpaper Downloader 2.7
You can highlight multiple high qualities, attractive changing photos in your desktop. The Program automatically downloads new images for the welcome screen of the desktop.
the program requires registration for use.
"Worked well to download the Bing images for $5."
Version: Wallpaper Downloader 2.7
They want your email address. But we all have extra email addresses we use to register such things, right?
I could find other programs that would download the current day's image, but this was the only one I could find that would download the previous ones. I didn't need it for setting my wallpaper, because Bing Desktop already changes my wallpaper for me daily. If you don't have or want Bing Desktop, then this program is great for giving you a new wallpaper each day (or every 10 seconds, or any of 14 other intervals). I use the set of Bing images as my screen saver, when I want a break from looking at my personal photos. I tried Bing Spectacular Scenes screen saver, but it splits the image over my two monitors; otherwise it would be great. I kept Wallpaper Downloader 2.7 to download the new image each day to add to my collection. Bingdownloader.exe works well for that also, when you add it to Windows Schedule, but I prefer the descriptive name that Wallpaper Downloader gives the image over the date name given by bingdownloader.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content