VirtualBox runs on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux and supports a large number of guest operating systems including but not limited to Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista), DOS/Windows 3.x, Linux (2.4 and 2.6), and OpenBSD.
VirtualBox is being actively developed with frequent releases and has an ever growing list of features, supported guest operating systems and platforms it runs on. VirtualBox is a community effort backed by a dedicated company: everyone is encouraged to contribute while innotek ensures the product always meets professional quality criteria.
What's new in this version:
- VMM: fixed VERR_MAP_FAILED during savestate under certain circumstances (bug #7929)
- GUI: stop updating the VM status icons when the VM is paused (bug #8368)
- VBoxManage: fixed wrong return code after startvm (bug #9642)
- BIOS: fixed hang at launch of DOS applications generated by Clipper 5.3 (note that hardware virtualization may be required)
- USB: fixed OS/2 boot hang when using recent USB drivers
- NAT: increase maximum number of paral... See all new features »