VirtualBox runs on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux and supports a large number of guest operating systems including but not limited to Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista), DOS/Windows 3.x, Linux (2.4 and 2.6), and OpenBSD.
VirtualBox is being actively developed with frequent releases and has an ever growing list of features, supported guest operating systems and platforms it runs on. VirtualBox is a community effort backed by a dedicated company: everyone is encouraged to contribute while innotek ensures the product always meets professional quality criteria.
What's new in this version:
- VMM: fixed rare host crash when running 64-bit guests on 32-bit hosts (bug #7577)
- VMM: fixed host reboots under rare circumstances due to NMIs triggered by active performance counters (Linux hosts in non-VT-x/AMD-V mode only; bug #4529)
- VMM: fixed out of memory guru meditation for large memory guests (bug #7586)
- VMM: fixed a guru meditation related to large pages
- VMM: use new VT-x feature to keep the guest from hogging the CPU
- Snaps... See all new features »