CNET Editors' review
Vine is a sensation--one driven by celebrities, startups, and bloggers around the world, and the pedigree of being created by Twitter. As one of dozens of different video recording and sharing apps on the App Store, however, what makes Vine unique and worthy of a download?
Vine's premise is very basic. Record three, short segments of video and the software will string them together in a loop. While on its face value it might seem very elementary, there are actually some incredibly creative, unique applications of the platform, and because Vine is also a social platform, allowing you to share with others, follow their Vines, and comment on or like them, it's easy to see what other people are doing. After initial installation, you'll be asked to register and given a short tutorial on how to create a Vine. You can then record your first video with a few quick taps on the video icon. With each Vine you create, you can add a caption and location and then share to Vine, Facebook, and Twitter, though this is optional.
If you are looking for a video editing app that allows you to do more robust things like add background music, change scenes, or make longer videos, this is not it. Vine is a meme generator--a looping video recorder that perfectly integrates what makes Web video so compelling with the platforms on which it thrives. For Web video junkies or social media mavens, this is a must download.
From Vine Labs:
Vine is the best way to see and share life in motion. Create short, beautiful, looping videos in a simple and fun way for your friends and family to see.
- Unlimited uploads and free
- Instantly post videos on Vine, then share to Twitter and Facebook (more coming soon!)
- Find, follow, and interact with people close to you
- Explore trending posts, featured hashtags and editor's picks
What's new in this version: Fixes an issue with dropped frames while recording
More Products to Consider
- Create and share cool videos on your iPhone.
- Create, edit and share a movie from your smart phone.
- Create movies with themes, music, and transition effects on you...
- Rotate, crop, splice, zoom and add sound effects to your standa...
- Record your iPhone or iPad screen in real time.
- Watch the world's videos and keep up with your favorite YouTube...
- Film and share videos to YouTube with fewer clicks with this of...
- Get the video recording application for your iPhone.
- Connects the videos you love to all the things you already do o...
- Create a stunning hybrid between photo and video with this ente...
- Combining content from Netflix, Hulu Plus, iTunes, Amazon Insta...
- Download music, video, and documents for your iPhone and iPod t...
- Convert any video files to iPad/iPhone/iPod compatible formats.
- Use storyboards to help you make real movies you'll be proud to...
- Watch live television and browse channels on your iPhone stream...
- Search and access millions of videos no matter where you go on ...
- Change the way you remember and share experiences.
- Vine is the best way to see and share life in motion. Create sh...
- Get a professional broadcast quality HD video camera app for yo...
- Share your life using videos (Record on the fly or from Gallery...
- Schedule TV recordings on your Mac on the go and watch them lat...
- Forbes.com 2012: Burst is about conveniently capturing moments ...
- Edit and create unbelievable video collages for your social net...
- SECRETLY VIDEO RECORD your friends getting scared by the Justin...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Solid app :)"
Version: Vine 1.3.1
does exactly what it says it does.
no crash problems.
easy to use.
no video editor.
can't split a video you've already taken (far as I know...)
If you want to upload to Twitter, facebook, etc. and need something QUICK use this app. The reviews on the iTunes store proves this is one of the best SN apps.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content