CNET Editors' review
Vine is a sensation--one driven by celebrities, startups, and bloggers around the world, and the pedigree of being created by Twitter. As one of dozens of different video recording and sharing apps on the App Store, however, what makes Vine unique and worthy of a download?
Vine's premise is very basic. Record three, short segments of video and the software will string them together in a loop. While on its face value it might seem very elementary, there are actually some incredibly creative, unique applications of the platform, and because Vine is also a social platform, allowing you to share with others, follow their Vines, and comment on or like them, it's easy to see what other people are doing. After initial installation, you'll be asked to register and given a short tutorial on how to create a Vine. You can then record your first video with a few quick taps on the video icon. With each Vine you create, you can add a caption and location and then share to Vine, Facebook, and Twitter, though this is optional.
If you are looking for a video editing app that allows you to do more robust things like add background music, change scenes, or make longer videos, this is not it. Vine is a meme generator--a looping video recorder that perfectly integrates what makes Web video so compelling with the platforms on which it thrives. For Web video junkies or social media mavens, this is a must download.
From Vine Labs:
Vine is the best way to see and share life in motion. Create short, beautiful, looping videos in a simple and fun way for your friends and family to see.
- Unlimited uploads and free
- Instantly post videos on Vine, then share to Twitter and Facebook (more coming soon!)
- Find, follow, and interact with people close to you
- Explore trending posts, featured hashtags and editor's picks
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Play digital media of various formats including incomplete, par...
- Back up media to Blu-ray discs and access your media via HTTP p...
- Add watermarks to your videos.
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Convert MTS and other popular video/audio files to any video an...
- Convert MKV videos to AVI, WMV, FLV, MP4 for playback on popula...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Convert all video/audio formats with high definition and top sp...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Convert general videos and HD videos to your desired HD formats...
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Burn videos to DVD disc or generate ISO files.
- Edit movies and other video recordings on a Windows PC.
- Play any video and audio file including Youtube clips without t...
- Convert your videos to different video file formats.
- Create and edit professional looking videos; rotate, crop, cut,...
- Capture and record video from your screen.
- Unleash your creativity to transform your video footage into am...
- Create movies and slide shows from your photos and videos, and ...
- Convert AVCHD video files to MP4 format.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Solid app :)"
Version: Vine - Make a scene 1.3.1
does exactly what it says it does.
no crash problems.
easy to use.
no video editor.
can't split a video you've already taken (far as I know...)
If you want to upload to Twitter, facebook, etc. and need something QUICK use this app. The reviews on the iTunes store proves this is one of the best SN apps.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content