From Video Comparer:
Video Comparer is a Windows utility that quickly detects video duplicate files on your computer, and can easily delete them. It processes most codecs, finds cropped videos, rotated, noised, and with videos split into multiple CDs. Video Comparer provides a synchronized timeline thumbnails of duplicate videos, and a report of scanned files.
What's new in this version: Version 1.04.004 improved analysis speed of 75% for large video database; improved cache management: a rescan is faster.
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Scan your PC to find and delete inappropriate images.
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Find and deal with duplicate files on your disks.
- Play digital media of various formats including incomplete, par...
- Find duplicate files and delete or move them to save disk space...
- Find and remove similar musical files.
- Create and edit contents with multimedia materials easily.
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Get a powerful tool for finding any duplicate files.
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Find audio file duplicates and similar copies, automatically re...
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Keep computer secure, restore and maintain peak performance.
- Clean up duplicate files on your hard drive or network, find du...
- Play any video and audio file including Youtube clips without t...
- Download YouTube Videos and automatically convert them to popul...
- Create, search, and share your digital assets.
- Convert your videos, audios, and pictures to preferable file fo...
- Capture, convert, and consume movies, music and photos for the ...
- Join video in batch mode.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Had some conce3rns but the developer has improved"
Version: Video Comparer 1.03
easy to use, select your folders and let it go
32 or 64 bit versions
new lower price and better value
doesn't allow you to manually select the files you wish to delete
So i had some complaints up front and the developer has been very receptive to my concerns. I originally felt that the "trail" really didn't do much and that the limit of 1024 videos was way too restrictive. If you download torrents you NEED this program! out of 4 TB and 4000 videos it has found about 800 duplicates!
My only reason for giving the software 4 stars is that you can't select the individual files that you want to delete. In most duplicate finding programs you get a list and you can check which to delete. this program has an autoselect feature but in order to manually delete a file you have to open its folder and manually delete ( a pain if you have many files to delete)
I want to thank the developer for making this a definite buy!
"New version with 5000 video files limit."
Version: Video Comparer 1.02.002
New 'Expert Edition' with 5000 video files limit.
New 'Expert Edition' with 5000 video files limit for 30€ has been released.
The 'Home Edition' has been extended to 1500 videos.
I hope this new balance will satisfy everyone.
"works but its kinda a scam"
Version: Video Comparer 1.02.002
finds duplicate videos
stable no crashes in win 7
trail is WORTHLESS
$27 US gets you 1000 video capability if you need to scan more than that its 100 euros about $131.79
so when you check out the trail its a waste of time as the file names, locations, size pretty much any info of value are blanked out. So in reality its NOT a trail just proof that it will find dups in your files.I have been playing with the app for almost a week now. Its found about 80 duplicates saving me about 60gb of hard drive space. My biggest complaint is that once its done and gives you a list of files that have duplicates you can't select which ones you want to delete. It gives you options such as delete lowest quality, highest quality, smallest file etc.. But unlike most duplicate file finders were you can select the file you want deleted by highlighting or selecting them this doesn't give you that option. For instance if you have 4 files (2 sets) and you want to keep the higher quality version of the first two but the lower quality of the second 2 you have to highlight the file and then click go to location then find the file manually and then delete it. Its just a pain in the butt when you have more than a few files to select and delete.
I paid the 20 euros for the home edition then found out it wouldn't scan my 2tb hard drive cause I have more than the 1000 allowed videos on it.
I can't justify $131 to upgrade to their so called "professional" version which does NOTHING but allow you to compare unlimited number of files.
TOTAL SCAM I'd just stay away from these folks
Updated on Feb 25, 2013
Secondly I know of at least 4 pairs of videos that have duplicates where it didn't match them even though they were in the same folder.
Updated on Mar 16, 2013I recently had an opportunity to speak with the developer of this program. Seemed like a good guy. program wise I still have mixed feelings about the app. It has found about 200 duplicates but its been a hard process. Turns out even the "pro" version has a file limit of 5000 videos. I will probably upgrade to that in a few months.
My original concerns still stand I scanned a folder AT LEAST 5 times each time increasing the quality of scan and it found only a few duplicates. Finally on the highest setting it found about 25. UNFORTUNATELY though it did miss about 20 duplicates. Might have been since it was comparing WMV's to MP4's, just don't know.
I still think that the developer would do much better if he priced the software a bit more reasonably.
If you download a ton of torrents you really need to buy this as you will be amazed at how many of the same files or spread out there with different names and descriptions.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content