Editors' Note: The VLC Media Player source code is also available.
VLC (initially VideoLAN Client) is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats, including MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, MP3, and OGG, as well as for DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It also can be used as a server for unicast or multicast streams in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
What's new in this version:
- Security update regarding video width concerning some demuxers
- Support for a new Dirac encoder based on libschroedinger
- Package of the new VP8/Webm encoder 'Bali'
- Notable updates in .mp4, .ogg, .ape demuxers
- Major updates in most language translations
- Fixes in skins2 supports of Winamp2 skins
- Upgrade on the look of VLC for Mac OS X
- Auto-detection for .txt subtitles is fixed
- Fixes on Windows integration, notab... See all new features »