VLC (initially VideoLAN Client) is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats, including MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, MP3, and OGG, as well as for DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It also can be used as a server for unicast or multicast streams in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
What's new in this version:
Quite soon after the 1.1.1, we were able to squash more annoying bugs, hence a new release for you!
- TS and DVB demuxing fixes
- Audio filters fixes to solve the "mono" bug
- Fix of the direct3d output module that display nothing on older nVidia and ATI cards, when overlay was activated
- Extensions and scrips updates
- Miscellaneous fixes in interfaces
- Updated translations
- Various crashes and errors fixed