Editors' Note: The VLC Media Player source code is also available.
VLC (initially VideoLAN Client) is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats, including MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, MP3, and OGG, as well as for DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It also can be used as a server for unicast or multicast streams in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
What's new in this version:
- Fix video output for old graphic cards on Windows XP, which are using DirectX
- Translations updates and new Scottish Gaelic translation
- Fixes for splitted RAR, MKV segmented, mp4 and Real media files playback
- Rewrite of the Digital TV module on Windows
- Enhancements in HLS, Blu-Ray and various codecs support
- Fixes for subtitles auto-detection
- Fixes on Qt, skins2 and web interfaces