Unison is a carefully-crafted, genuinely revolutionary Mac OS X Usenet newsreader. It offers all the expected newsreader functionality: easy-to-navigate threaded discussions, the ability to ignore annoying posters, multiple signature management, and easy, Mail-like posting with spell checking and all the trimmings. But it also goes much, much further than any other Usenet client on earth, starting with a unique four-view interface that lets you view and work with Usenet group content in four distinct styles: messages, files, images, or music. It lets you preview MP3 files directly off a Usenet server, view images in an elegant iPhoto-like thumbnail view, prioritize transfers with a flexible downloads manager, find favorites quickly with a categorized column-view interface, smartly group files into meta-groups (like songs into albums), show download status beautifully in the dock, and much more.
What's new in this version:
- Adds support for the latest version of Growl
- No longer ignores the backup server setting
- Fixes an issue with automatic update notifications not working
- Fixes an issue with rules not adding files to the queue
- Restarted downloads after relaunch now resume properly
- Post-processing jobs are now serialized