Unison is a carefully-crafted, genuinely revolutionary Mac OS X Usenet newsreader. It offers all the expected newsreader functionality: easy-to-navigate threaded discussions, the ability to ignore annoying posters, multiple signature management, and easy, Mail-like posting with spell checking and all the trimmings.
But it also goes much, much further than any other Usenet client on earth, starting with a unique four-view interface that lets you view and work with Usenet group content in four distinct styles: messages, files, images, or music. It lets you preview MP3 files directly off a Usenet server, view images in an elegant iPhoto-like thumbnail view, prioritize transfers with a flexible downloads manager, find favorites quickly with a categorized column-view interface, smartly group files into meta-groups (like songs into albums), show download status beautifully in the dock, and much more. Phew!
What's new in this version:
- Fixed crash on quit if SSL connection is active
- Fixed crash switching between tracks
- Fixed hang when trying to close idle SSL sockets
- Updated Sparkle so it (hopefully) won't corrupt downloads
- PAR2 vol files now ignore missing articles, downloading all available data
- Fixed bug where Unison fetches all posts the second time a group is opened
- Unison now ignores unexpected tags in NZB files (such as the... See all new features »