Unblunder was designed to protect against accidental data loss. Have you ever sent something to the Trash and emptied it only to realize moments later... OOOPS? We all have and it can happen to anyone. Unblunder to the rescue. Unblunder uses Mac OS X's UNIX underpinnings to hang on to files after the Trash has been emptied. When started, it runs quietly in the background and stays out of your way. Essentially, Unblunder offers Mac OS X a much needed "Recently Deleted" feature, giving you plenty of time to recover files before they're gone forever. Note: for optimal file recovery and peace of mind, Unblunder needs to be running before an accident happens (i.e. trashing the wrong file). By default, trashed files over 250 MB in size linger for 5 minutes and smaller files are kept for a day. Of course, you can tweak all these settings to match your work style at anytime. You no longer need to bother with expensive, complicated file recovery software. Unblunder is much faster and more importantly, helps instantly recover your files exactly as they were when deleted -- not how they were an hour ago or a week ago.
What's new in this version:
- New: Various tweaks, improvements, and fixes.
- Other: Demo period reset for all users.
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Data recovery software.
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- Perform maintenance and other tasks on your Mac.
- Manually switch between Intel and NVIDIA GPUs on Core i5/i7 Mac...
- Run Windows on Intel Macs.
- Place an alarm clock on your desktop and use your audio files a...
- Counts folder and subfolder size.
- Organize your Mail attachments from the menu bar.
- File browser for visually understanding large folders.
- Batch audio processor.
- Remove apps, data, and other unnecessary junk.
- Make a outline of your print publication.
- Yet another folder synchronizer utility, free, simple, and effe...
- Convert images between resolution & format.
- Automate file delivery with hot folder processing.
- Unarchive ZIP, TAR, SIT, RAR, and 7-Zip files.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Saved my Bacon"
Version: Unblunder 1.2.3
Easy to use, few system resources, unobtrusive, does what it says
none that I can see
I got this app after buying Playback to stream videos to my WDTV from my mac. I thought nothing of it and installed it simply because they gave it to me as a "thank you" app. I'm really glad that they did and that I had it running because I literally just emptied my Trash without thinking and killed three files that I really needed ... gnashing my teeth and cursing my own name I realised that Unblunder was running and viola! Instant file retrieval! Definitely worth the $10 if you're prone to killing your trash with a little too much gusto.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content