From The PandaWave:
UUIDLib is a Macintosh shared library that generates Universal Unique Identifiers (UUID). A UUID is a 128-bit value that is guaranteed to be unique. Unique identifiers can be used as unique transaction identifiers or to uniquely identify components in component-based software.
UUIDLib generates UUIDs with an algorithm that uses the Ethernet 'MAC' address built into the computer, along with the current time (in 100ns increments). With version 1.0b3, you can generate UUIDs even without available Ethernet hardware. In that case, a random 48-bit key is generated based on various system parameters, such as the current time, the size of the hard disk, and other reasonably unique parameters. This release fixes a number of problems with getting the Ethernet MAC address from certain models of Macintosh systems. The complete source kit for the UUIDLib is included, along with documentation and demonstration code.
More Products to Consider
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Affinic Debugger Graphical User Interface (GDB) for Mac OS X.
- Updates Java components.
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Code for the web from a truly new one-window interface.
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Write your programs with a graphical programming language and d...
- Checks for broken links on your site.
- Program images, animation and interactions.
- Manage business database applications.
- Firmware upgrader for Garmin GPS units.
- XHTML, HTML, HTML5, CSS and RSS 2.0 editor.
- Popular HTML & text editor.
- Barcode generator creates ISBN, UPC, EAN, Code 39 and more.
- Real Studio plugin control to create split views in forms.
- Display graphs of the internal thermal sensors in your dock.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Change printers within FileMaker automatically.
- Control and add new capabilities to the original X10 home autom...
- Rapidly prototype websites and application interfaces.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1