From PDF Tools:
With USB network Gate you will never experience any issues accessing and using the USB devices that are plugged into remote computers. You can work with those devices as if they were physically connected to your local machine. All that is needed to do for that is install USB Network Gate on the computer with USB device physically attached (server) and on the computer where you want to use this device (client). USB Network Gate will do all the rest. No additional hardware needed.
By intercepting USB port activity of a shared USB device and redirecting it via TCP/IP network USB Network Gate lets you access your printer, scanner, web-cam, USB dongle or any other supported USB device from your home PC or office laptop anywhere any time.
BTW you can choose whether Linux or Windows machine will be a client or a server. Not only this software allows accessing USB devices over Ethernet, but it's also suitable for servers and workstations virtualization. I.e. it will help you access and use local USB devices in a virtual session. Thanks to USB Network Gate you can easily work with USB devices on guest OS of such virtual environments as VMware ESX, Citrix XenDesktop, Microsoft Hyper-V, Windows Virtual PC. USB Network Gate also allows you to integrate its useful functionality into your own software (OEM licensing).
What's new in this version: Version 3.0
- Great improvements of the sharing mechanism and application's speed and stability.
- Network traffic compression to speed up interaction with the device was added.
- Numerous USB devices support (AVM FRITZ!Card USB, ISDN terminal adapter, etc.).
- Improved support of USB 3.0 devices.
- Improved support for interactive pen displays & digital drawing tablets?.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Share and access USB devices securely over network or Internet.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Optimize your wireless network's channel and signal strength.
- Get connected remotely to any Windows-based system.
- Connect to home networks, office networks, or public hotspots.
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Share your USB devices over a LAN or the Internet and access re...
- Connect automatically to free WiFi networks.
- Discover and get access to remote devices.
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Turn any computer with Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 i...
- Access and control any computer remotely on the Internet or LAN...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- See on your PC the GUI of a Java application running on a netwo...
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Manage your removable media devices.
- Install VNC software onto computers throughout your network.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Does a great job"
Version: USB Network Gate 5.1
Allows my whole team to share USB devices remotely, enabling users to connect and disconnect as required. Great support in configuring for our devices for network sharing.
None so far thanks to the support provided
I needed this 5 years ago. Simple principal which works effectively
Version: USB Network Gate 22.214.171.1244
unique solution - connect to USB device wherever it is!
had some issues until support advised me to turn off Firewall
great software with wide range of implementation scenarios