With USB network Gate you will never experience any issues accessing and using the USB devices that are plugged into remote computers. You can work with those devices as if they were physically connected to your local machine. All that is needed to do for that is install USB Network Gate on the computer with USB device physically attached (server) and on the computer where you want to use this device (client). USB Network Gate will do all the rest. No additional hardware needed.
By intercepting USB port activity of a shared USB device and redirecting it via TCP/IP network USB Network Gate lets you access your printer, scanner, web-cam, USB dongle or any other supported USB device from your home PC or office laptop anywhere any time.
BTW you can choose whether Linux or Windows machine will be a client or a server. Not only this software allows accessing USB devices over Ethernet, but it's also suitable for servers and workstations virtualization. I.e. it will help you access and use local USB devices in a virtual session. Thanks to USB Network Gate you can easily work with USB devices on guest OS of such virtual environments as VMware ESX, Citrix XenDesktop, Microsoft Hyper-V, Windows Virtual PC. USB Network Gate also allows you to integrate its useful functionality into your own software (OEM licensing).
What's new in this version:
- New user interface for even easier connections creation and management.
- Callback connection can be created (connection with a client initiated from the server side).
- Warning when trying to share Human Interface Device.
- Shared USB devices are now automatically detected by the client and are added to the list of available remote devices on the go.
- Numerous improvements and fixes.