From USB Guardian:
USB Guardian is a special software application that prevents your computer from getting infected with nasty viruses an worms like Conficker (aka Downandup, Downadup and Kido!) The software allows you to safely enjoy file sharing using just an USB thumb drive for copying the files . Movies, mp3s, documents and pictures can be copied from one computer to another without worrying of getting infected with worms and viruses trough USB drive. The interface is very clean and well organized so that one can access all functions with minimum effort. You can find more details about how USB Guardian protects your PC against worms and viruses on this page. It is possible to give a USB flash drive / USB memory stick a behaviour that is very similar to autostarting CD's and DVD's. This poses a huge security risk because you can, unintenionally run malicious software such as worms an viruses. This is where USB Guardian comes into rescue. The application is constantly scanning the USB port for a new removable storage device and this has led to a very small resource consumption when idle (which makes up to 99.5% from it's time). USB Guardian is able to identify which USB flash drive is inserted and it detects potentially dangerous files on the drive. In order to reduce the risk, first step is always to minimize and control the damages and this means isolating autorun.inf file from the removable dievice and blocking acces to it. In this state, USB Guardian considers the USB resource as locked. Next step is to determine which additional files might pose a threat for your system and to lock them as well. This is accomplished by parsing the autorun.info file and extracting all references to executable files which might run upon inserting the USB drive. Enjoy the full benefits of USB Guardian for FREE . Yes, That's right! We are releasing this software for free so you can protect your PC against any USB viruses.
What's new in this version: Performance improvements, bugs fixed.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Protect your data against USB threats.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Verify your Svchost.exe process security.
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Remove the Win32/Conficker.AA virus from your computer.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Detect, isolate, and remove the Conficker virus.
- Remove the conficker worm from your machine.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
- Prevent your PC from infecting with autorun worms.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Protect your system from different virus attacks.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Disable autorun feature on your PC and USB drives to avoid malw...
- Detect Conficker Breed of self-updating and difficult to avoid ...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Remove the Conficker Worm, including Conficker.A and Conficker....
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"I take back what I said, it's still relevant."
Version: USB Guardian 1.9
Fast, similar to comodo's default-deny, very efficient against some malware, better, i believe than panda usb vaccine.
It can't block the files if there is no autorun, making no difference if you had USB Vaccine. Help file wasn't really that helpful. Interface a bit misleading sometimes. Or maybe that's just me.
It's still relevant. Apparently, there are viruses that can still make an autorun despite the usb being vaccinated. I encountered one in a university library. Thus, this software is perfect for cleaning them. However, it cannot block the files if there is no autorun. But this can be compensated by the safely open feature. It makes nearly no difference to Panda USB Vaccine in the sense that it doesn't run the autorun.inf file. No autorun, no viruses launched automatically, which is really the principle of USB Vaccine. I recommend this app to anyone and everyone.
"It makes use of the autorun file to detect viruses"
Version: USB Guardian 1.3
It's very light, easy to install and configure, no impact on startup, and its unique method turns what should have been the threat to an advantage.
The thing that gave it its advantage is its weakness
USB Guardian has been one of my favorites. Sadly though, many more people are discovering Panda USB Vaccine and other software that makes use of the same method that is replacing the autorun file with a dummy, undeletable autorun.inf. This, I believe, would render this software useless as its method is by stopping the autorun.inf and using the info in it to detect which programs to look out for. If the original autorun is removed, this would prevent USB Guardian from detecting and warning the user which programs to avoid. It's a good software, but no longer as effective.
"fake fake fake"
Version: USB Guardian 1.3
none that i could find
it did absolutely nothing....i inserted a pen drive in my system, it jst opened the folder...no scanning...no blockin autorun on pen drive...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content