CNET Editors' reviewWhile this program should help move you from the world of hunt-and-peck to one of fluid fingers, a limited trial period and a poor interface detract from its overall goal. Typing Tutorial installs quickly and without much ado. The program begins by asking you to fill in a few personal items; the most important option here is the default language. If your native tongue is German, you'll be fine, but if it isn't (and you have no interest in mastering a German keyboard) be sure to choose a language that suits you. A very basic, almost rudimentary interface is uninspiring, but the essential elements of each exercise are solid. Statistics alongside each exercise monitor your typing "rhythm," as well as identify the letters you miss often. We like that you can download a TXT file to use as practice as well. The biggest problem we found is with the trial limitation. Only two minutes for every test really isn't sufficient time to bang on the keys. Overall, while Typing Tutorial has the tests to push you toward typing nirvana, it doesn't have the looks to keep you interested along the way.
From pmq SOFTWARE:
Typing Tutorial is a set of three programs to help you learn typing on a keyboard. The program serves beginners just as well as experienced professionals. TypingFingers is a teaching program supplemented with an elaborate system that assesses the results you achieve. There are many lessons and a variety of supportive functions that accelerate the learning process. TypingTester is a program that measures your typing speed and error rate while you copy text. The program also will help you keep a steady pace of typing. In addition to that, TypingTester enables you to compare the results achieved by several people at the same time. TypingGames is a set of four teaching games by which you can develop your typing skills. The games are designed in such a way that even children can take part.
More Products to Consider
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Learn typing or increase your typing speed.
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Monitor your typing speed and accuracy and generate certificate...
- Manage all aspects of a high school student administrative syst...
- Typing tutor.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Create macros to automate most common tasks.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Convert Kindle Mobi, AZW, PRC books to ePUB format to read Kind...
- Write programs in plain English.
- Display Quran in Uthmani script with many options and settings ...
- Learn the skill of touch-typing in a step-by-step way.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Slow down selected programs.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 4 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Dangerous! Download with caution"
Version: Typing Tutorial 4.39
I downloaded this program with the intent to help my son with his typing. After installing the program and testing it myself, I decided it wasn't what I was looking for, and that the 1:40 time limit on the demo was a little short. Running the uninstall program several errors popped up then my computer froze. After restarting the windows 98 setup appeared and asked for the CD key, etc... The uninstall program had caused irreparable damage to my system registry. Lucky enough windows automatically made backups of the registry and I was able to sucessfully restore one from 2 days ago. If not for that I wouldn't be able to be here warning the rest of you. If you want to try this program make sure you have a backup of your registry.
"Easy, funny and stable..."
Version: Typing Tutorial 4.39
TypingTester is really excelent tool for practicing. TypingTutorial is standard teaching program
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: