CNET Editors' reviewWhile this program should help move you from the world of hunt-and-peck to one of fluid fingers, a limited trial period and a poor interface detract from its overall goal. Typing Tutorial installs quickly and without much ado. The program begins by asking you to fill in a few personal items; the most important option here is the default language. If your native tongue is German, you'll be fine, but if it isn't (and you have no interest in mastering a German keyboard) be sure to choose a language that suits you. A very basic, almost rudimentary interface is uninspiring, but the essential elements of each exercise are solid. Statistics alongside each exercise monitor your typing "rhythm," as well as identify the letters you miss often. We like that you can download a TXT file to use as practice as well. The biggest problem we found is with the trial limitation. Only two minutes for every test really isn't sufficient time to bang on the keys. Overall, while Typing Tutorial has the tests to push you toward typing nirvana, it doesn't have the looks to keep you interested along the way.
From pmq SOFTWARE:
Typing Tutorial is a set of three programs to help you learn typing on a keyboard. The program serves beginners just as well as experienced professionals. TypingFingers is a teaching program supplemented with an elaborate system that assesses the results you achieve. There are many lessons and a variety of supportive functions that accelerate the learning process. TypingTester is a program that measures your typing speed and error rate while you copy text. The program also will help you keep a steady pace of typing. In addition to that, TypingTester enables you to compare the results achieved by several people at the same time. TypingGames is a set of four teaching games by which you can develop your typing skills. The games are designed in such a way that even children can take part.
More Products to Consider
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Type with ten fingers without looking at the keyboard.
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- Learn typing or increase your typing speed.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Learn touch typing online from any location at any time.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Learn how to type in 6 hours with this typing methodology desig...
- Improve your typing skills.
- Learn Sign language at home interactively.
- Improve speed of your typing.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Increase your typing speed by making your computer automaticall...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Design and generate language lessons or drills for your student...
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Learn the efficient touch-typing system.
- Encourage fun learning through lively graphics.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 4 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Dangerous! Download with caution"
Version: Typing Tutorial 4.39
I downloaded this program with the intent to help my son with his typing. After installing the program and testing it myself, I decided it wasn't what I was looking for, and that the 1:40 time limit on the demo was a little short. Running the uninstall program several errors popped up then my computer froze. After restarting the windows 98 setup appeared and asked for the CD key, etc... The uninstall program had caused irreparable damage to my system registry. Lucky enough windows automatically made backups of the registry and I was able to sucessfully restore one from 2 days ago. If not for that I wouldn't be able to be here warning the rest of you. If you want to try this program make sure you have a backup of your registry.
"Easy, funny and stable..."
Version: Typing Tutorial 4.39
TypingTester is really excelent tool for practicing. TypingTutorial is standard teaching program
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: