A newer version of TweetDeck is available.Or, Learn More About TweetDeck
Full user review
"Tweetdeck 1.2 released January 2012 is Awful"
There are no pros, really.
* Can't tweet more than one person easily like before, have to manually type any additional twitter ID into a tweet
* no auto Twitter-address recognition
* many more clicks to get to info you want
* preferences - there are none?
* DMs are a total faff now - you used to be easily able to DM someone from your DM column, now DMs are grouped by the tweeter you are DMing, so you click on that tweeter to see all your DMS to them - but have to exit that view to actually send them a new DM as there is some kind of bug in the system.
Utterly can't abide it, it's taken a massive step back in terms of development.
I've reverted to version 1.1 and hope another developer comes up with something better soon.
It is a frustrating and unrewarding experience using this software.