CNET Editors' review
The name of this password and number generator is fitting, because it seems as though its overall design is truly random. Nevertheless, it proved to be a worthy tool for coming up with unique combinations.
Truly Random has a very cluttered user interface. Luckily, it can be resized, which also increases the font size for better readability. Still, we found it awkward to navigate. Check boxes let you select the characters that you wish to include: uppercase, lowercase, special characters, numbers, spaces, and pronounceable. The length and number of characters can also be manually inputted. There is a wizard that walks you through the generation process, but it's really unnecessary since it contains the same options as the main interface. During testing, we entered all of our password and number specifications, and the program quickly generated random characters. Unlike the main window, though, the window that displays the results only displays a few of the results at a time and cannot be resized. Generated passwords and number combinations were easily saved to our hard disk and clipboard.
Help is available through the publisher's Web site, but it's too verbose and seemed to make the guidance more complex than the process itself. Still if you're looking for a simple random password generator, this program gets the job done with just a bit of work on your part.
From Solid Programs:
Fulfilling all your random needs -Truly Random password and number generator. Generate random numbers, strings, passwords using high quality pseudo random generator, random events form keyboard/mouse and/or truly random noise via your sound card. Verifies the randomness of you data in real time using the new artificial intelligence random noise chaos meter. By using the mask feature you can configure your random string or number very precisely, you may even generate lotto numbers. You can also automatically remove duplicate random strings or numbers, save to file, copy passwords to the clipboard, generate pronounceable passwords or remove common words from generated passwords, using a built in English dictionary. With the math parser, you can use you own mathematical formulas to adjust the distribution, interval and/or range of the random numbers generated. The generator can handle both bell curves and fractions.
What's new in this version: Automatic and manual sound volume adjustment available when using virtual random generator.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Record everything your mouse does with a single click, and play...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Create a list of random numbers.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Create true or pseudo random numbers using various software and...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Generate random dice rolls for use with pen-and-paper RPGs.
- Generate passwords quickly.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Generate a random password between 8 and 12 characters.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Generate passwords from 1 to 100 characters long.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Use a random number generating algorithm to pick lottery number...
- Play lotto generating random numbers.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Generate random decimal, binary, and octal numbers.
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2