Acronis True Image Home
A newer version of Acronis True Image Home is available.Or, Learn More About Acronis True Image Home
Full user review
"Version 2013 is an alpha version, it is full of bugs."
- All kinds of backup types in one suite.
- User interface looks nice.
Acronis True Image 2013 is simply said, a very unstable software! Read their forums before considering to buy this software!
- Non-Stop backup failing on my work PC (have a running support ticket, they
need to revise their software...)
- Non-Stop backup service crashing on my Media PC. Cannot recover from crash in any means.
- Backups suddenly dissapearing from the explorer list.
- NAS support is obscure. Limit amount of NAS'ses are supported. Why?
I am using the software now for the last month. I am an existing client of Acronis, owning 3 valid licenses from Acronis True Image 2013.Consolidation of backups also gives errors. I am experiencing this here. Not just one time. I had to restart a backup because of consolidation failing, or, not running at all. Also, the versioning system of the software has errors. It shows 12 versions in the user interface, there are 13 files on my drive, and when i press consolidate, it shows 2 versions... Acronis, please fix the root cause of these issues that i experience.
Let my highlight my dissapointments here with version 2013, and with version 2012:
1/ User support:
I've spend alraedy about 3 days (full days) working with customer support to resolve my issues.
- Customer support accessing my machine, trying to identify the bugs, asking me the same questions over and over again. Although i am telling them what to do, how to simulate the same errors, they are not doing that, they are just asking me the same stupid questions.
- Writing emails.
- Searching and responding on user forums.
This piece of software is just not ready to go to the market. I cannot understand how such a company stays in business, releasing a software that contains that many bugs. The most issues that i am experiencing with it, is to work with NAS devices. Early warning, don't use any NAS device to backup your information using this software:
- Your backups may suddenly dissapear.
- Your backup files may become corrupted.
- Your may suddenly experience errors, stopping the backup process, and you are unable to recover from it.
- The user interface is really buggy. It crashes unexpectedly.
- The user interface is not consistent. when backups are started in the background, it does not show in the user interface! Only after a while, which can take up to 10 minutes to show up!
- Error logging is not consistent and correct. Actually, the logs show all goes well, with backups failing and crashing. Without any single error in the log.
They over market and advertise things which simply don't work. I feel tricked and cheated by Acronis that i have bought their software.
Small advice, try to install their software in try period, and try it out yourself. You'll see.
Look beyond the surface of the nice looking interface, and try to backup, restore from backups, restart your pc, stop backups, restart backups, work with NASes, disconnect networks and see what happens, restart your NAS and see what happens, etc, etc.
You will experiernce that this software is not worth to get all these nice credits from official reviewers, that's what you'll experience.
Actually, it is a shame that professional reviewers are scoring this software so high, it shows that these reviewers and not reviewing this software at all!
Updated on Sep 30, 2012